Jalen Milroe is now the starter going forward.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
So, just going with what seems to be happening.

CNS/team chooses Milroe before week one. After choosing Milroe and a flash in the pan start, we lose to Texas, Milroe gets demoted/suspended/punished for getting made about something (instead of being mad about losing???), against USF, the other two QBs play (we were assuming for position #1 but turns out to be position #2), next day team meets, at Monday PC Saban inexplicably notifies Kiffin who is starting 5 days before game, board melts down after the PC.

Did I miss anything???

westide

All-SEC
Jan 22, 2011
So, just going with what seems to be happening.

CNS/team chooses Milroe before week one. After choosing Milroe and a flash in the pan start, we lose to Texas, Milroe gets demoted/suspended/punished for getting made about something (instead of being mad about losing???), against USF, the other two QBs play (we were assuming for position #1 but turns out to be position #2), next day team meets, at Monday PC Saban inexplicably notifies Kiffin who is starting 5 days before game, board melts down after the PC.

Did I miss anything???
Maybe all just an elaborate scheme to confuse and befuddle Kiffin. He is already confused about who is in charge of the defense.

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
okay then who at the end of spring training are you suggesting? Buchner was the best available at the time. Everyone else was on a team. The time to hit the portal for a quarterback is before spring not afterwards. We thought we had two guys and we had none to come to find out. Then we panicked and made the move for Buchner.

As for Simpson… there has been some very public stuff after the season that leaked out that angered many on the team . I don’t know if they ever recovered from it.

Honestly I just hope our quarterbacks next spring are Sayin, Lonergan, and Holstein. Because this has gotten bad. I don’t care if we win a NC with one of TS, JM, and TB or not.
I haven't heard any stuff about Simpson. What was it? Sounds like Saban has a lot on his hands and needs to nip it in the bud and establish the Bama culture again. Otherwise, this year will be a long season, not just with losses but for the culture, recruiting, etc. I imagine Coach is very stressed inside though he would not publicly admit it. How did it get this way?

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Eventually that has to be stopped and the line between coach and player has to be reestablished.............even if it means encouraging a few to leave

I think Sayin sees the gate open and a path to take the starting job
You know, CNS is pretty good at getting players to come play for him.

If this thing blows up any more (and who would be surprised if it doesn't?), what if CNS says "What Coach Prime can do I can do better" and he basically brings in a whole new team from the portal after kicking most of these guys off the team.

At a PC, CNS says, "Is this how we want football to be?" with same smile as the one he smirked when we kicked the on side kick against Clemson.

• Heart
Reactions: RollTide2U

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
You know, CNS is pretty good at getting players to come play for him.

If this thing blows up any more (and who would be surprised if it doesn't?), what if CNS says "What Coach Prime can do I can do better" and he basically brings in a whole new team from the portal after kicking most of these guys off the team.

At a PC, CNS says, "Is this how we want football to be?" with same smile as the one he smirked when we kicked the on side kick against Clemson.
Well, stranger things have happened

BamaInCummingGA

1st Team
Jun 8, 2017
Cumming, Ga
I believe you are in the minority with that opinion as he was given a whole half+ and only completed 5 balls total and made basically no plays with his legs either, but I respect the opinion.

Also, you may be right and Simpson may actually be the better option. I don't think any of us know for sure.
A whole half?.........oh goody. Tell me again........how long has Milroe been on the team? And you want to compare him and Ty as apples to apples?

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.

Latest threads