"Jim from Tuscaloosa" Part II

RollTide12

1st Team
Mar 2, 2002
Tuscaloosa
First, let me say I don't listen to Finebaum but after reading the thread on this person I thought some might find this interesting.

My family and I were eating at a restaurant in Tuscaloosa after the Hawaii game. A guy came in alone and was dressed in all black. He was tall, thin, had stringy hair and looked to be in his 50's.
After sitting down he began talking loudly to people around him. He said he hoped Alabama would lose every game because CMS let J. Simpson play against Hawaii.
We finished our meal and left the restaurant shortly after he arrived.

I haven't thought anymore about it until two days ago.

A friend and I were eating at the same restaurant. This same guy, dressed again in all black was sitting in the booth behind my friend. He was again talking loudly and bad mouthing Alabama to some guys sitting with him. They were arguing back and forth with him. He seemed like the type of person who would argue with you about what day it is.
My friend, who listens to the Finebaum radio show everyday, tells me that sounds like "Jim from Tuscaloosa". After a few more loud comments, my friend said THAT IS "Jim from Tuscaloosa". I now understand the comments posted about this person on Tidefans.com.:biggrin2:

While paying at the register one of the guys at "Jim's" table was paying at the same time. I asked him if that guy is "Jim from Tuscaloosa" that calls the Finebaum show? He said yes but his real name is ....

After hearing his real name I understand why he would use "Jim"

His real name fits they way he talks. I thought about posting his full name on here but decided it might be best not to do that.

His first name rhymes with hick and it ain't Rick.;)

JPT4Bama

Hall of Fame
Aug 21, 2006
Hoover, AL
Well, I think it's pretty obvious Jim has some "issues". I guess he wanted/needed all of this attention and he's certainly getting his wish.

LCN

FB | REC Moderator
Sep 29, 2005
Wow , so sorry that you and your family were exposed to "JfT" . After your second experience I'm sure it's something you'll never forget .

Speaking of people .......

I moved about 5 weeks ago and about 10 days afterwards there was a knock on the door . It was a guy from down the street coming to welcome us . I opened the door and almost fell out . No matter what people say , dude ....... ELVIS LIVES !!! Jet-black dyed hair AND sideburns . Completed by the 60's "E" styled sunglasses . This guy is actually horse-shoe bald but , he has grown his hair so long on one side that it is wrapped all the way around his head to form the "E" cut from about 1970 . To top it off , yes he is a solo recording artist out of Nashville . And as you might guess , his car - Cadillac . Looks like he's about 65 . SAD !!!:redface:

I'll never be the same .:conf2:

Oh , almost forgot . Was his last name Balowmie ?:conf2:?

Last edited:

crmsnrevelation

All-American
Nov 8, 2005
Mobile Alabama
Finebaum would pay money to embarass his loyal callers, next time he shows up snap a picture and tell finebaum you found him, and I am sure he would send you a check!