John Metchie Injury Updates

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
As a junior he can come back to TTown. May not have been his preference but I think we need him
I always figured Metchie was a 4 year player anyway (not because of a lack of talent, he just seems similar to Smitty in that way). We’ll see what he decides to do. I hope his time in Tuscaloosa isn’t over.

BamaHoops

3rd Team
Jan 13, 2019
I always figured Metchie was a 4 year player anyway (not because of a lack of talent, he just seems similar to Smitty in that way). We’ll see what he decides to do. I hope his time in Tuscaloosa isn’t over.
Metchie has been overshadowed by Jeudy, Ruggs, Smitty, and this year Jameson. But Metch is a tough, experienced player who delivers in clutch situations. Big shoes to fill for certain, hope some of the the newbies can step up.

Reactions: seebell

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
Metchie has been overshadowed by Jeudy, Ruggs, Smitty, and this year Jameson. But Metch is a tough, experienced player who delivers in clutch situations. Big shoes to fill for certain, hope some of the the newbies can step up.
Yeah that’s what I meant about him being a 4 year player IMO. If he comes back next year, he would be the unquestioned alpha of the group.

Reactions: Bama-94-00

Ledsteplin

Hall of Fame
Nov 20, 2013
Florence, Alabama
Just further reflection but it looked like he limped a little after he caught a pass on the sideline earlier in the game. He kind of appeared to be in a weird body and foot position like a trip, misstep, weird gate type situation. When he went down it was a non contact type injury and occurred when he planted. Those really can go either way from an injury standpoint. The fact that he was walking is not indicative of any specific injury or the severity without a proper and thorough examination including imaging etc. The bending of the knee part like a catcher ie full squat, the lack of any type of stability device, no crutches, ice or anything leaves me with room for optimism.

BAMA one of the best orthopedic surgeons in the world that is on their med staff and is at the games so he is in great hands. Unless metchie decides to share specifics we may only know generalities like his availability for the rest of this season etc. Regardless whether or not he can play anymore this year I hope that the injury is not significant and that he can recover 100% for next year and the future. I have really grown to like him and he appears to be an awesome guy and teammate. RTR
They may not want Cincy and the others to know if he'll be back or not. 🤷‍♂️

Ledsteplin

Hall of Fame
Nov 20, 2013
Florence, Alabama
Traeshon Holden has looked good, but Ja'Corey Brooks may be better, more athletic. Jo Jo Earl should be back. And what ever happened to Javon Baker and Thaiu Jones-Bell? Both sophomores.

Tide&True

All-American
Sep 24, 2004
Murfreesboro, TN
So, going into the interim period before the playoffs…what are the injuries other than Metchie? Who will we not have and who might we have by our first playoff game?

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Not medical, but I blew mine in a basketball game. After the initial pain went down, I walked out to my car and walked into my doctor's office the next day without a limp, and that was with a partially-torn MCL as well. I hate to tell you but your experience was not unique. Many people can walk normally. I've known people who've had them for decades without repairing them. Lane Bearden punted for us with his torn. Admittedly, he limped after each punt... :)
I remember when Lane was punting. I felt for him each time.
Lane was a tough guy. He knew how it would hurt, but did it anyway.

Reactions: seebell and Toddrn

chuaner

Scout Team
Aug 26, 2008

DogPatch

Suspended
Dec 4, 2018
Tuscaloosa
In case no one posted:
I remember hearing after it happened that there was a possibility he could return if we made the playoff. Glad to see his recovery has been on schedule.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Also should have called a late hit on the UGA player who hit the Bama player out of bounds............

time for someone to step up.............Billingsley, here's your change
D7226192-DE5F-43B7-A9AE-CDE82E900F73.jpegWas this the one, if not this happened a couple of series after HELLAMS or Branch got rightfully called for late hit. BRob was clearly running out of bounds and the guy hit him late and rode him to the benches, no flag

Mystical

All-American
Sep 28, 2009
Fairhope, Alabama
I thought Agiye Hall would have gotten it together by now. Thinking back to the spring game I thought he was going to be a star. He still has time to get his mind right. Maybe he will have the chance to step up in the playoffs.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
I thought Agiye Hall would have gotten it together by now. Thinking back to the spring game I thought he was going to be a star. He still has time to get his mind right. Maybe he will have the chance to step up in the playoffs.
If he is out of the doghouse then Hall will get some looks in practice. Metch is a big loss and I think it will take a combination of players to really fill the role. He is such a weapon...just hope he has grown up a bit. We'll see.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.