Let's Talk QB's (Who Should Be The Backup?)

JDCrimson

All-American
Feb 12, 2006
Honestly, I think Milroe would have performed better if he were in a huddle before each play. We already let the clock run under 10s before snap the ball. A huddle can do wonders for a guys confidence and give the defense less time to diagnose your offense.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
True, but aTm scored 17 points off Milroe turnovers. Our defense played great, but Milroe single-handedly kept them in the game. It was a truly horrible performance.
if it was truly horrible, we would have lost. thankfully, the good (his 3 td passes) was enough to overcome the bad (of which there was plenty).

Last edited:

westide

All-SEC
Jan 22, 2011
I would bet Simpson is very football savvy since his dad is a coach. He seems to have the physical tools and the ability to extend plays. If Bryce isn't good to go, I could see him getting some playing time. If Jalen plays the whole game, I am going to double up on my cardiac meds and have 911 on speed dial.

• Haha
Reactions: seebell

JohnD

1st Team
Dec 22, 2003
Secondly, I do not agree with awarding someone a status on the team "for the rest of the season." If this is true, why should any #3 player bust his tail to earn more playing time?
Valid question. I've often wondered the same about how you keep even the #2 OL motivated to keep busting his tail. This year has been a little different but for many years we never subbed OL's when it mattered. And in that scenario, what motivated the starter to bust his tail when he knows he's not coming out?

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Plano, TX
he definitely didn't have a great game, but 3 of those select few throws led to 21 of our 24 points. that is far better than the 14 given up on his turnovers and other miscues
This is why I said that: He's SUPPOSED to be able to complete passes (and he did for 3 tds), but he's NOT SUPPOSED to give the other team easy points. Considering the fumbles, INT and other terrible passes that were ALMOST disastrous the bad outweighed the good IMO.

Reactions: Cruloc and 92tide

mlh

All-American
Apr 28, 2004
I would bet Simpson is very football savvy since his dad is a coach. He seems to have the physical tools and the ability to extend plays. If Bryce isn't good to go, I could see him getting some playing time. If Jalen plays the whole game, I am going to double up on my cardiac meds and have 911 on speed dial.
If Jalen plays the whole game, and struggles like he did against aTm, then you can look for Simpson to enter the transfer portal at the end of the season.

9gks

BamaNation Citizen
Jun 11, 2019
woah settle down it was the guys first collegiate start. QBing is mental and he was nervous. Folks don’t perform well when nervous.

The only time i remember saban benching a qb was jalen for tua otherwise his track record is to go with the designated starter boom or bust.
Cooper Bateman is calling

Latest threads

Amazon Prime / TideFans.shop

Your purchase through our Amazon affiliation and TideFans.shop links helps support the site! Thanks!