Poll: Most difficult regular season game in 2022?

Most difficult regular season game in 2022?

• @Texas

Votes: 6 6.9%
  • @Arkansas

Votes: 36 41.4%
  • Texas A&M

Votes: 17 19.5%
  • @ Ole Miss

Votes: 21 24.1%
  • Other

Votes: 7 8.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PA Tide Fan

All-American
Dec 11, 2014
Lancaster, PA
While many of us think Bama can run the table during the regular season an upset is always possible, or at least a game that gives us a scare. I was wondering which game you think that might be. I've given choices of Texas, Arkansas, Texas A&M or Ole Miss. I'll give my reasons for these choices below:

1. @Texas- We should be able to win this but Sark knows Bama and is a good play caller. The Texas heat could be a factor, Texas has some talent and our current team has not played at Austin before so it possibly could be difficult.

2.@Arkansas- Our SEC opener so we better win but Arkansas was much improved last season playing a tough game at Tuscaloosa. They still have KJ Jefferson and we play them the week before Texas A&M. Not the best time for a road game.

3. Texas A&M- We should be able to get revenge but it may not be easy. The A&M players will come in believing they can win, they have talent and it's tough to know how the whole off-season verbal battle with Saban and Jimbo will play out on the field. We've already lost to a team two consecutive seasons in the Saban era (Ole Miss) so it can't be ruled out.

4. @Ole Miss- Kiffin knows Bama and Kiffin knows offense. It will be our second consecutive road game and we'll be coming off the game at Baton Rouge which is always a bit special for Saban.

I didn't include LSU because it's a rebuilding year for new coach Brian Kelly and it usually takes at least one full season for players to learn a new system so they fall under "other" if you want to choose them.

STONECOLDSABAN

All-American
Sep 21, 2007
Mobile, AL
While many of us think Bama can run the table during the regular season an upset is always possible, or at least a game that gives us a scare. I was wondering which game you think that might be. I've given choices of Texas, Arkansas, Texas A&M or Ole Miss. I'll give my reasons for these choices below:

1. @Texas- We should be able to win this but Sark knows Bama and is a good play caller. The Texas heat could be a factor, Texas has some talent and our current team has not played at Austin before so it possibly could be difficult.

2.@Arkansas- Our SEC opener so we better win but Arkansas was much improved last season playing a tough game at Tuscaloosa. They still have KJ Jefferson and we play them the week before Texas A&M. Not the best time for a road game.

3. Texas A&M- We should be able to get revenge but it may not be easy. The A&M players will come in believing they can win, they have talent and it's tough to know how the whole off-season verbal battle with Saban and Jimbo will play out on the field. We've already lost to a team two consecutive seasons in the Saban era (Ole Miss) so it can't be ruled out.

4. @Ole Miss- Kiffin knows Bama and Kiffin knows offense. It will be our second consecutive road game and we'll be coming off the game at Baton Rouge which is always a bit special for Saban.

I didn't include LSU because it's a rebuilding year for new coach Brian Kelly and it usually takes at least one full season for players to learn a new system so they fall under "other" if you want to choose them.
I think this question is always difficult to answer because it's usually not about quality of the opponent but where Bama is mentally.

Reactions: NoNC4Tubs

BamaFossil

All-American
Jun 3, 2008
Williamsburg, VA
I'll say Texas. Road game early in the season; and I expect Texas players and fans will be sky-high for this game. Their abysmal season last year could cause folks to check them off as an automatic win... but they've added some good talent. Their DL wasn't good last year and many are back... I don't know if they'll be improved but I would expect so. If our team isn't on their "A" game, it could be troublesome.

STONECOLDSABAN

All-American
Sep 21, 2007
Mobile, AL
I'll say Texas. Road game early in the season; and I expect Texas players and fans will be sky-high for this game. Their abysmal season last year could cause folks to check them off as an automatic win... but they've added some good talent. Their DL wasn't good last year and many are back... I don't know if they'll be improved but I would expect so. If our team isn't on their "A" game, it could be troublesome.

Probably not sky-high right now. Knock on wood for our guys. I know we make jokes about Texas but I hate that for any player and any team.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
I went with Ole Miss. Late season road game. Right after the trip to Baton Rouge and before Austin Peay. Could catch us a little less than focused.

Reactions: Toddrn

STONECOLDSABAN

All-American
Sep 21, 2007
Mobile, AL
I went with Ole Miss. Late season road game. Right after the trip to Baton Rouge and before Austin Peay. Could catch us a little less than focused.
That was my first thought. On the other hand, I have heard that ole miss is notorious for fading down the stretch because of depth issues. Probably the first time I can remember bama playing ole miss in November. But like I said, Its usually about where Bama is mentally.

Reactions: Con

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

JNME81 Take: Texas just lost their best players to ACL injuries: OL and WR. Hall and young receivers has to step up. Their offense will struggle. Worry Meter: 4/10

JNME81 Take: This will be interesting game. Arkansas will try and control the game by running the ball often, and at Bama. Any other teams, it'll work. Bama is deep and flexible to play the game they want to do. Arkansas will do same thing they did last year: Take away deep passes and force Alabama to use short games/ run game. This time Bama is ready for them. Worry meter 4/10

JNME81 Take: No disrespect, but this take is silly. Every since they won last year, they have been cocky and bragged all year long. The "spat" between Saban and Fisher recently... Nah. It's over before the game is played. Bama wil take this one personal. I cannot see us losing to Jimbo two times in a row. Lot is at stake. Whole world is watching this game. Bama win, and the momentum swings in our favor. Bama lose, Jimbo wins and will have recuiting easy. Saban isn't going to let that happen.
Worry meter: 5/10

JNME81 Take: The offense evolved under Kiffin, and since then we've tweaked offense. BOB is genius at offensive playbook, so I think the part about Kiffin knowing Bama, it's overrated.
Kiffin doesn't have right chemistry fix on roster, and Lot of holes on Offense. Defense should be somewhat Decent. I think Kiffin can be a threat to some of the teams in SEC West. Wouldn't be suprised if he's in 2nd place behind Bama. worry meter: 3/10

JNME81 Take: I wouldn't count LSU out. Just because they got a new coach doesn't mean you count them out. there's lot of talents on the roster. This is the game i would be little concerned about, since it's late in season and LSU could get hot. I consider this a trap game before Auburn.
One team you left out that we all should be concerned with.. Tennessee. They are legit. They nearly took us to wire... took everything out of Bama to beat them in 3rd and 4th quarter.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
One team you left out that we all should be concerned with.. Tennessee. They are legit. They nearly took us to wire... took everything out of Bama to beat them in 3rd and 4th quarter.
Tennessee will underachieve like they always do when they are hyped up or a trendy pick. They never play us well at Neyland.

PA Tide Fan

All-American
Dec 11, 2014
Lancaster, PA
Watch out for the hillbillies (ute) we have to go to their place and right after Texas 8&4 won't be easy
It's true that it isn't the best time to play them but we have a big psychological advantage in that game because Saban is a perfect 15-0. They have a good offense but their defense is horrible. Their pass defense was one of the worst in the country last season. I see Bryce Young having a big game where we score 40-50 and I just don't see them being able to match that against our defense which should be one of Saban's best.

STONECOLDSABAN

All-American
Sep 21, 2007
Mobile, AL
Arky will be tougher than most of us think...or want. Really have a good, solid, hard hitting football team. Better than average athletes, particularly at QB and RB from what I remember.
For some reason I just feel like being Mr. Silver lining guy right now (I actually think any of these games could be more difficult than expected.)

One thing Alabama has going for it in that game is Arky plays A&M the week before while Bama has back-to-back games against La Monroe and Vanderbilt. The Hogs do not have the easiest September schedule. Cincinatti, South Carolina, Cream puff (can't remember the actual name) and then A&M before Bama. Still Arky is a tough football team, and they are well coached now.

Reactions: Padreruf and UAH

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.