Musk acquiring Twitter...

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrimsonJazz

All-American
May 27, 2022
yeah, about those props earlier

Twitter has reinstated the account of Andrew Anglin, editor of the neo-Nazi website Daily Stormer. His account was suspended nearly a decade ago.
Weird. I've never heard of this guy, so I did some digging and I must say, this chap is a case-study on serious mental issues. Sounds like someone else we know. Anyway, I wonder how many betting pools are being organized regarding how long it will take this idiot to get banned again?

Reactions: 92tide

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Weird. I've never heard of this guy, so I did some digging and I must say, this chap is a case-study on serious mental issues. Sounds like someone else we know. Anyway, I wonder how many betting pools are being organized regarding how long it will take this idiot to get banned again?
seems like elmo is micromanaging the moderation

CrimsonJazz

All-American
May 27, 2022
seems like elmo is micromanaging the moderation
I suppose that's quite possible, but the thing I can't wrap my mind around is this: where in the hell is he finding time for all this? Isn't he supposed to be heading up multiple international companies? If I were a stockholder, should I be worried that he's concerned more about what really amounts to a pet project and less about what should be getting me higher dividends?

When this whole thing started, I figured Musk would treat this like a new toy he'll quickly tire of and move on to something else. Not only does that not seem to be the case, it's starting to feel like this has literally all of his attention.

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
But why even go there, why reinstate his account after a decade? On the same day you ban West for posting nazi crap you reinstate another nazi lover. This is why I deactivated my account, I do not want any part in Musk's political theater.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I suppose that's quite possible, but the thing I can't wrap my mind around is this: where in the hell is he finding time for all this? Isn't he supposed to be heading up multiple international companies? If I were a stockholder, should I be worried that he's concerned more about what really amounts to a pet project and less about what should be getting me higher dividends?

When this whole thing started, I figured Musk would treat this like a new toy he'll quickly tire of and move on to something else. Not only does that not seem to be the case, it's starting to feel like this has literally all of his attention.
hell, the way things are going, those other companies may be happy to not have much of his attention

CrimsonJazz

All-American
May 27, 2022
But why even go there, why reinstate his account after a decade? On the same day you ban West for posting nazi crap you reinstate another nazi lover. This is why I deactivated my account, I do not want any part in Musk's political theater.
Well, you certainly did the right thing if being on Twitter became an upsetting experience for you. Life is too short and I don't know about you, but I've punished myself enough as it is. Exposing ourselves to things we really don't want to be a part of is just nuts.

As for the answer to your question about why: I don't know. It's possible that due to miscommunication, no one knows. Maybe it's something sinister. Or maybe this is all just a huge social experiment. That actually is starting to feel right to me.

Consider the following: according to the Twitterverse and MSM, the three biggest white supremacists in this country right now are:

1. A black guy
2. A Hispanic guy
3. A gay, Jewish Brit

You know when Nazism has gone fully woke, someone is seriously screwing with us. The absurdity of it all gives this a sense of, I dunno, make-believe? None of this feels real to me. So I just take it at face value and maybe at some point it will all make sense, but I'm not going to lose sleep over it.

• Smash Keyboard
Reactions: Padreruf

2003TIDE

Suspended
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
hell, the way things are going, those other companies may be happy to not have much of his attention
best I can tell is when he says he works 80hrs a week he just counts the 4 hrs he works each day 3 times(one for each company)

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
I used to wonder a lot whether I was missing anything by not being on twitter. Seems like everyday now something I hear reminds me that I'm not missing anything!

Reactions: Jon

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
so, elon's big reveal about the heavy handed government removing twitter content was about hunter biden. and it was a big nothing burger quelle suprise on both items

Okay then. That’s the big story. Taibbi says, seemingly with access to all internal docs, the earlier big claim that the government had directly intervened (“stepping in”) to suppress a story before the election has no evidence. Also seems some nonconsensual nudity was removed.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
yeah, about those props earlier

Twitter has reinstated the account of Andrew Anglin, editor of the neo-Nazi website Daily Stormer. His account was suspended nearly a decade ago.
For non-history buffs, Julius Streicher published an anti-Semitic rag in Germany from the earliest days of Nazism till the end of WWI entitled "Der Stürmer ". Anglin just added "Daily" to the title...

TexasBama

TideFans Legend
Jan 15, 2000
Houston, Texas USA
so, elon's big reveal about the heavy handed government removing twitter content was about hunter biden. and it was a big nothing burger quelle suprise on both items

Okay then. That’s the big story. Taibbi says, seemingly with access to all internal docs, the earlier big claim that the government had directly intervened (“stepping in”) to suppress a story before the election has no evidence. Also seems some nonconsensual nudity was removed.
Elon's miffed because twitter covered up the evidence of how good his hair plugs look

Reactions: Jon and Go Bama
Status
Not open for further replies.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.

Latest threads