nasty weather today

Zorak

All-American
Jan 8, 2010
Orlando, FL (Winter Park area)
"Looks like we're in for nasty weather..."

Looks like we're in the beginning of a severe weather (possibly tornado) outbreak today. Very ominous skies here in Athens right now, and I see a tornado warning west of Atlanta in the Peachtree City vicinity. Everyone keep safe today across Alabama and Georgia.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
woke up to pea sized hail in North Atlanta and looks like it will be rough all day. Stay safe everyone

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
"Looks like we're in for nasty weather..."

Looks like we're in the beginning of a severe weather (possibly tornado) outbreak today. Very ominous skies here in Athens right now, and I see a tornado warning west of Atlanta in the Peachtree City vicinity. Everyone keep safe today across Alabama and Georgia.
Just got to work in Southside, driving through two nasty storms along the way from Trussvegas. My kids are out of school and​ my wife is working from home. The hospital is on "prep code T."

Keep your eyes open, folks. Have a weather radio. Keep an eye on Spann's blog to at http://www.alabamawx.com for good updates in Alabama.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
i am hoping it clears out this evening as i have a flight landing at hartsfield at 8pm
I'd be shocked if you aren't delayed at minimum. Weather reports yesterday had thunderstorms through 9pm tonight and a quick look tells me that is still the case. Best of luck getting back

Zorak

All-American
Jan 8, 2010
Orlando, FL (Winter Park area)
I'd be shocked if you aren't delayed at minimum. Weather reports yesterday had thunderstorms through 9pm tonight and a quick look tells me that is still the case. Best of luck getting back
Was seeing an 8:00pm to midnight for round 3 at least here in Athens. I suspect a delay is likely.

Torrential rain just came through Athens. I'd be surprised if we didn't just get an inch of rain here in the last fifteen minutes. I get to go out and drive across town in this in a few minutes.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
I was out on site all day today. Luckily it was indoors, but we discovered the contractor installed the overflow drains incorrectly. It looked like Niagara Falls.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
thanks. we actually landed a touch early but are stuck on the tarmac waiting on a gate to open. i think we got lucky with the timing and the last two hours of the flight were pretty rough.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
from a friend of my wife's facebook page, her husband is a delta pilot (got stranded in kansas yesterday) and a delta employee took this yesterday at hartsfield.

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
I thought we had dodged the bullet yesterday, but at 6:00 yesterday a severe storm slammed us in Trussville. Quarter sized hail, very high winds, torrential rain. Multiple trees down in my neighbors' yards. Still without power when I left for work.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.