Game Thread: NCAA Round One General Game Thread (All Non-Bama Games Here)

Cruiser

All-American
Sep 24, 2015
Scarbinsky was also flapping his gums about Auburn being ready to make that “Final Four” run. Only “run” they made was straight to the Spokane Airport right after game.

Whining about your seeding and travel then losing to a 13 seed isn’t a good look, Bruce.
Yep, too bad they did not get that 3 seed. They could have lost to a #14.

Reactions: CB4

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Higher seeds went 11-5 Friday and 22-10 overall in the first round.
Seems like more upsets this year than ever! Anybody know how this compares to the average 1st round over the years?

Open transfer and one and done just seem to make it really hard to evaluate and rank teams. Seems like SEC got punked with highly ranked/good record fool's gold especiallly.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
I didn't know about the Barner getting ejected for slinging the elbow. Dirty and certainly not needed in the open court away from the ball.

Of course Barners won't handle the loss well. They were certain they were final four material.
Yeah remarkable the difference between my FB feed today and last Saturday/Sunday when this Auburn team was certain to make Final Four.
1711203199223.gif

CrimsonCleanse

Scout Team
Dec 5, 2023
I checked out a barner board to see how they were handling the loss to Yale. My Lord, the ref blaming was off the charts! Of course this is the same fan base who blamed the refs for a 42-10 loss to Georgia in 2022. So I probably shouldn't be shocked. But they were on another level yesterday. I watched that game. Yale simply came to play. Their coach should know by now that you take NO team lightly in the postseason. Oh...it was having to play so far away. Yep....that must be it. It's not like Bama played there too and scored 109 😂

Oh...and the NCAA tournament. It's "set up to give the little schools the edge". Yeah because most years, some unheard of directional school wins the national championship. Biggest laugh I've had in a long time 😂

Reactions: CB4

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I checked out a barner board to see how they were handling the loss to Yale. My Lord, the ref blaming was off the charts! Of course this is the same fan base who blamed the refs for a 42-10 loss to Georgia in 2022. So I probably shouldn't be shocked. But they were on another level yesterday. I watched that game. Yale simply came to play. Their coach should know by now that you take NO team lightly in the postseason. Oh...it was having to play so far away. Yep....that must be it. It's not like Bama played there too and scored 109 😂

Oh...and the NCAA tournament. It's "set up to give the little schools the edge". Yeah because most years, some unheard of directional school wins the national championship. Biggest laugh I've had in a long time 😂
Oh my goodness. Like a rat I took the bait and now I'm trapped in a 34 page thread on the last 17 pages dealing with them trying to cope with a loss to Yale.

It's like driving by an awful car accident but you can't help but look at the carnage. I mean, some of the reactions are simply melty goodness from allegations the game was rigged to questioning the single elimination factor (as if a team should get a best 2 out of 3 in the 1st round???) to one poster boldly claiming the smarter team won (you think???), which is probably the most legit post of the whole thread.

OK...going back in for more!!!

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Oh my goodness. Like a rat I took the bait and now I'm trapped in a 34 page thread on the last 17 pages dealing with them trying to cope with a loss to Yale.

It's like driving by an awful car accident but you can't help but look at the carnage. I mean, some of the reactions are simply melty goodness from allegations the game was rigged to questioning the single elimination factor (as if a team should get a best 2 out of 3 in the 1st round???) to one poster boldly claiming the smarter team won (you think???), which is probably the most legit post of the whole thread.

Takes you back to the days of Shaggy Bevo….

Reactions: CrimsonCleanse

CrimsonCleanse

Scout Team
Dec 5, 2023

You're reading the same thread I am on that board! You are right. It's like a bad car accident. I nearly fell on the floor when I saw where they said that the single elimination format wasn't fair. I'd be curious to hear what their ideal alternative is. College baseball is double elimination, but they probably cry foul about that format too. 😂 And the NCAA tournament is a "crap shoot". My Lord 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: BamaMoon

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
You're reading the same thread I am on that board! You are right. It's like a bad car accident. I nearly fell on the floor when I saw where they said that the single elimination format wasn't fair. I'd be curious to hear what their ideal alternative is. College baseball is double elimination, but they probably cry foul about that format too. 😂 And the NCAA tournament is a "crap shoot". My Lord 😂😂
Not one mention of them being a "basketball school." 😁

CrimsonCleanse

Scout Team
Dec 5, 2023
68 teams and a single elimination format is a stacked deck. It's rigged. The refs are told that there need to be X number of upsets per year so as to keep fingers from changing channels

• Haha
Reactions: day-day

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Bazza, I know I'm not as disappointed as you, but I did have your Gators going to the elite 8.
Appreciate it! I knew losing our starting center, Micah, would have an impact but thought we'd at least get through the first round. There's so much talent across the country you just never can tell once you get to an event like this!

I'll be pulling for the Tide to get to the Finals - so go make some noise! ;)

Reactions: TIDE-HSV

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.