NCAA rules on BAMA's case with former Athletics Admin Kobie Baker ...

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014

Interesting ... not trying to be petty but it is weird that WE out of all the other schools have received a ruling but schools like the Barn and LSU are pretty much just there. I wonder if its because the NCAA is going to try to hit them harder.

Whatever the case, I'm just glad that all of this is officially over for the program and they can just focus on winning :)

Bama9001

1st Team
Sep 26, 2017
Does the basketball budget include coaches salaries? Do schools ever go after former coaches/administrators to recoup this money?

Due to the severity, I'd say the investigation revealed that people that should have been asking tough questions about the relationship between Sexton and the administrator were, instead, looking the other way. I have no specific knowledge and am just reading the tea leaves here. Very disappointing.

BamaInMo1

All-American
Oct 27, 2006
Cumming, GA
Does the basketball budget include coaches salaries? Do schools ever go after former coaches/administrators to recoup this money?

Due to the severity, I'd say the investigation revealed that people that should have been asking tough questions about the relationship between Sexton and the administrator were, instead, looking the other way. I have no specific knowledge and am just reading the tea leaves here. Very disappointing.
Or it could be the NZAA just being themselves and saying "look what we did" and letting others skate.

Marg

1st Team
Mar 24, 2003
Somewhere, AL
It comes across to me like they're just pushing this one through to focus on the bigger fish. Have a feeling they're about to turn their attention toward LSU, etc. Hate to get the penalty, but it's now behind us with no large scale impact to the program. Less than a week and we'll get to see the team on the court!

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
It comes across to me like they're just pushing this one through to focus on the bigger fish. Have a feeling they're about to turn their attention toward LSU, etc. Hate to get the penalty, but it's now behind us with no large scale impact to the program. Less than a week and we'll get to see the team on the court!
I think you’ll be disappointed with their handling of LSU.

Reactions: teamplayer

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
Nothing quite like NCAA expediency. Events took place in 2017. We're about to start our third season without Sexton. Since it has been three years since the infraction, and one would think we've been in compliance during that period, the probation period should be for time already served and not for three additional years into the future - thus making it a six year window for the NCAA snoopers to be inside our shorts.

Odd how they seem to always find time to investigate/punish our hoops program while UNC, Duke, Arizona, LSU, Auburn and numerous others continue business as usual despite known obvious violations...

Reactions: teamplayer

BamaInMo1

All-American
Oct 27, 2006
Cumming, GA
This is a case (to me) of the NZAA needing to try to recoup losses from not having the bball tourney last year so let's hit Bama with a fine, collect the dough and move right along.
Talk about a corrupt, slimey organization.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
Or it could be the NZAA just being themselves and saying "look what we did" and letting others skate.
I'm guessing that we cooperated with the NCAA while others lawyer up and threaten to sue the NCAA. Don't get me wrong, I think universities that discover a problem should cooperate and take their medicine in an ideal world. However, the NCAA usually struts around and acts big and bad and hammers schools that cooperate while they don't do squat to schools that make things tough on them and threaten litigation. It's sickening.

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
I'm guessing that we cooperated with the NCAA while others lawyer up and threaten to sue the NCAA. Don't get me wrong, I think universities that discover a problem should cooperate and take their medicine in an ideal world. However, the NCAA usually struts around and acts big and bad and hammers schools that cooperate while they don't do squat to schools that make things tough on them and threaten litigation. It's sickening.
Did you read the article? That is exactly what happened, we cooperated and they punished us as a result. We always do this, we go along with the NCAA investigations and then they nail us. They even referenced the completely unrelated situation with Bo Davis in their justification. It sickens me how inconsistent the NCAA is and how they turn a blind eye to some schools and then drop the hammer on others.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Did you read the article? That is exactly what happened, we cooperated and they punished us as a result. We always do this, we go along with the NCAA investigations and then they nail us. They even referenced the completely unrelated situation with Bo Davis in their justification. It sickens me how inconsistent the NCAA is and how they turn a blind eye to some schools and then drop the hammer on others.
The FBI have a bunch of coaches at other schools on tape and mountains of evidence that is published everywhere, the NCAA does nothing to those schools. Why the hell do we keep cooperating?

bonrunson

May 16, 2006
This case began as a FBI investigation into criminal violations of Federal law. The FBI used a rarely employed Title 3 eavesdropping investigative technique to collect evidence. They would have served numerous subpoenas for bank records to connect the money flow. They collected a mountain of evidence for use in Federal court.
After all criminal charges were completed, there are legal ways for the FBI to share evidence with the administrative agency affected (NCAA). Only then could the NCAA begin its cases under a lower standard of proof. I believe their process is continuing as they work up the ladder. The worst is yet to come for those schools with more exposure than Bama. Glad to see we are done. This case is far from over.

Reactions: Go Bama and B1GTide

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
This case began as a FBI investigation into criminal violations of Federal law. The FBI used a rarely employed Title 3 eavesdropping investigative technique to collect evidence. They would have served numerous subpoenas for bank records to connect the money flow. They collected a mountain of evidence for use in Federal court.
After all criminal charges were completed, there are legal ways for the FBI to share evidence with the administrative agency affected (NCAA). Only then could the NCAA begin its cases under a lower standard of proof. I believe their process is continuing as they work up the ladder. The worst is yet to come for those schools with more exposure than Bama. Glad to see we are done. This case is far from over.
I think this may be the case. I don't think the main culprits get the death penalty, but I'm expecting something significant.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.