Alabama: Nick Saban Feels 'Really Good' About QB Tyler Buchner's Development

Status
Not open for further replies.

bamaslammer

All-American
Jan 8, 2003
Argo, AL, St Clair
www.kirkwoodhouse.com
With all due respect to CNS, Buchner ain't it. That has got to be painfully clear by now
Now yes, but through history there have been quite a few players who were practice field all Americans who couldn't translate that to live action. There have also been players who simply could not find it in themselves to take practice seriously but when the lights turned on it was night and day difference. Shawn Alexander spent a significant portion of his college and pro career on the bench because he just wasn't all that at practice.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
I don't know. That was a weird game and the snaps were going everywhere.

I'm not defending Buchner, but to be fair I think he needs another chance. He wasn't bad at Neuter Dame and we don't give transfer schollies to perceived 3rd stringers.😎

AWRTR

All-American
Oct 18, 2022
I don't know. That was a weird game and the snaps were going everywhere.

I'm not defending Buchner, but to be fair I think he needs another chance. He wasn't bad at Neuter Dame and we don't give transfer schollies to perceived 3rd stringers.😎
I was pulling for the young man, but he just melted under the pressure. It happens sometimes. He seemed so nervous. I think he knew he had to really play well to hold the job and the pressure got to him. I watched film of him and he didn’t look bad. He just got overwhelmed.

We_are_Bama

Suspended
Dec 11, 2008
That's why I think that Milroe didn't even make the trip to Tampa. If he had been present, Coach would have put him in, considering how things were going that day.

• Facepalm
Reactions: HighlandOak

We_are_Bama

Suspended
Dec 11, 2008
I wouldn't read too much into this. Someone asked Saban about Buchner's progress. He answered. That was it. Milroe will start tomorrow.
What's confusing is, CNS made the statement after the USF game. But, maybe he was just trying to make a quick statement that wouldn't cast Buchner in a bad light. Sometimes Coach does things that make fans say "what...now?" but at the end of the day, there's probably a reason behind it that the layman doesn't see

Probius

Hall of Fame
Mar 19, 2004
Birmingham, Alabama
But that's just it, ain't it? How could they have ever run buchner out there over simpson?
It has to be due to what CNS and his assistants were seeing in practice. Buchner looked awful against USF, but surely he looked better in practice or he would never have seen any action. I think Buchner just had a really bad day against USF, and probably because he got in his own head.

Reactions: NoNC4Tubs

Ledsteplin

Hall of Fame
Nov 20, 2013
Florence, Alabama
What's confusing is, CNS made the statement after the USF game. But, maybe he was just trying to make a quick statement that wouldn't cast Buchner in a bad light. Sometimes Coach does things that make fans say "what...now?" but at the end of the day, there's probably a reason behind it that the layman doesn't see
Yes, it was a September 11 article. I don't think the OP bothered to look at the date. Thing is though, positive progress and development in a coaches eyes can be very different from those of fans. Too many fans try to read between the lines, or make assumptions that just are not so.

bama2112

All-American
Nov 19, 2006
Cobb County, Ga.
Milroe won the team but never the competition. I think that’s a huge issue when you consider that he is the 4th best quarterback reading defenses and hitting the mid range ball.

The thing is that Saban has never been firm in what he wants to do about it. It was obvious that he wanted Simpson to win the job in the spring and when it didn’t happen it was obvious that Buchner was the guy he wanted to win the job in the fall. He has had some obvious reservations about Milroe and has let this become a locker room vs staff struggle because he couldn’t tell Milroe to either switch positions or I’ll help you transfer. It’s devolved into a circus after MTSU and pumping the “Lank” nonsense. We pretty much wasted much needed reps for TB and TS in the MTSU game to have Milroe break records. At some point you have to have options if plan A fails.

The guy is super talented and is a good human being but a quarterback that can run this offense he is not at this point.
I was researching this new mantra the players have chosen "Lank". It just happens that "81usaf92" used it in a post back in September . Terrion Arnold is credited from using the phrase the first time in regards to this years team.

Truth be told I had never heard in used other than in the work "Lanky", also I am not an english major and so forgive me if the syntax of my sentences is incorrect.

It sppears the "81usaf92" post he made a very astute post about Jalen Milroe. Well the kid did turn it around, and grew into our starting quarterback. I do not think Terrion was dissing the Bama fan base but the media. I think many seasoned Bama fans have a lot more knowledge of the game thatn 90% of these internet and blog posters will ever know ( thats just my personal bias).

Since its a slow rainy Sunday and I was curious to what LANK meant in regards to this team I thought I would do a big of research.

Sep 4, 2023 — It's called LANK. “LANK means let all naysayers know,” Arnold explained. “... It's kind of like everybody disrespecting us and everybody ... You can even purchase T-shirts with LANK inscribed with the acronym. I wont soon forget it and I hope neither will this team. RTR

Last edited:
Reactions: Con
Status
Not open for further replies.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.

Latest threads