OC and DC replacement discussion

This will be me picking nits I suppose but I'd lump Mac in with Bryce and Tua as our Best 3 QB's ever.... easily. Junior and Senior season version Jalen Hurts is right there too if things would have worked out different
Oh, he was terrific. But nobody knew that ahead of time. He was a 3-star prospect who everyone expected to lose the starting gig to freshman Bryce.

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
On a positive, I read Demeco Ryans to the Texans if he wants it.

No , Demeco, No.
Long but excellent article on Demeco.

At the Texans’ football headquarters, only the brave called the middle linebacker by his actual birth name. This destroyer of running backs and setter of standards wasn’t “DeMeco Ryans” at the office. Nor was he “Meco,” the nickname his many of his friends still use. Instead, everyone in Houston, from owner to custodian, called him “Cap.”

It stood for captain, naturally, and it spoke to Ryans’s bearing, the force that emanated from deep within. . . But Ryans meant much more to a nascent franchise that had existed for four NFL seasons and won only 18 games before drafting him in the second round in 2006.

Cap raised expectations as easily as he bench-pressed weights so heavy the plates bent bars. His energy never flagged. When Diles arrived in 2007, Cap already ran the building. In only his second season.

Reactions: dtgreg

CrimsonRuss

1st Team
Sep 30, 2015
At this rate, we're going to start the spring season with no coordinators, having Saban running the whole orchestra!
I’d bet everything I own that this whole thing is wrapped up, but we won’t hear anything until after national signing day on Feb 1st. The GOAT is focused on recruiting, right now, once that’s finished this is done. Relax y’all..

Reactions: dtgreg and seebell

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham

Low says there’s just too much uncertainty about Pruitt’s situation to see him being hired as an on field coach. “On field coach” was in his direct quote.

Also mentioned Grantham again. 😭

I’m not sure I want anyone that’s on staff or in the building running this defense.

jcabama

1st Team
Jul 19, 2004
Bonaire GA
I’d bet everything I own that this whole thing is wrapped up, but we won’t hear anything until after national signing day on Feb 1st. The GOAT is focused on recruiting, right now, once that’s finished this is done. Relax y’all..
Interesting thought on recruiting but how many more kids are out there to sign? With 28(?) LoI and most on campus already seems recruiting should be about over—at least for this year’s class. I’m guessing Coach is putting final touches on his two candidates and we’ll know pretty soon. If not, I may need a new battery for my iPhone!

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa

Low says there’s just too much uncertainty about Pruitt’s situation to see him being hired as an on field coach. “On field coach” was in his direct quote.

I’m not sure I want anyone that’s on staff or in the building running this defense.
I don’t see Chris Low saying no to a buffet anytime soon either. Moooooving on.

Cruloc

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2019

Not Grantham.....please not Grantham.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
“Hi..Angel’s Envy Distillery? I was wondering if I can place a standing order of two cases of Angel’s Envy Bourbon per month shipped to me starting in August?”

“No…no..no…I’m not a bar or restaurant. It’s personal use….

“You want to know why so much? You do know that Todd Grantham is the new Bama DC this year, right?

“Oh….you remember when he was the DC for Petrino there in Louisville, huh? So you’re recognizing THREE cases per month? Well okay then….”

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.