Other areas than the qb need to improve as well.

blindbuzzard

Scout Team
Jan 18, 2003
Shreveport, La
Brodie has taken a lot of heat from last season. And going into this season he is usually the main topic of "things that need improvement" from last year.

But I can tell you right now that it is going to take more than brodie improving to have a successful season. Brodie is not going to win a heisman but he's a talented enough qb to lead this team. Many of his mistakes last year were just from not having playing experience. Remember last year was his first true season to actually play. He spot played when Watts was here and that was it.

I think the entire team could use a lesson or two about the fundamentals of blocking and tackling. I think we all saw enough arm tackles, blown assignments, missed blocks to last us a lifetime.

------------------
"What the Patriots did to Peyton Manning and Marvin Harrison in the AFC championship game was remind us again that whatever else football is, it is first a contest of man-to-man physical strength. He who hits hardest, fastest and most often wins."-Dave Kindred

TommyMac

Hall of Fame
Apr 24, 2001
Mobile, Alabama
The only concern I have about Brodie from last season was his tendency to overthrow, but I'm betting his bum left shoulder had a lot to do with that. That, and the fact that he seldom had time to feel comfortable in the pocket.

Another thing that bothered me was our insistance on tight-roping the sidelines on deep patterns leaving almost no margin for error. Don't know if that was the fault of the receivers or the coaching staff. Sure hope it gets corrected this season.

blindbuzzard

Scout Team
Jan 18, 2003
Shreveport, La
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by TommyMac:
The only concern I have about Brodie from last season was his tendency to overthrow,

Another thing that bothered me was our insistance on tight-roping the sidelines on deep patterns leaving almost no margin for error.
</font>
I share your concerns. I saw the same thing and wondered the same thing you did. But at least these mistakes are correctible and will probably correct themselves with experience from both the coaching staff and players. I think we should see dramatic improvement on the cohesiveness and fundamentals of this team. I'm not calling for a 9-2 season or SEC championship, but I personally am expecting to see a more organized team this year.

------------------
"What the Patriots did to Peyton Manning and Marvin Harrison in the AFC championship game was remind us again that whatever else football is, it is first a contest of man-to-man physical strength. He who hits hardest, fastest and most often wins."-Dave Kindred

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.