PICK'EM: PICKEM: Week 11 Entry (and Week 10 results)!

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
TIDEFANS 2009 PICKEM CONTEST
WEEK 11 ENTRY & WEEK 10 RESULTS!

CONGRATULATIONS TO CrimsonJag
Congratulations |CrimsonJag, for picking 11 games correctly and winning the tiebreaker to win Week 10 in the TideFans 2009 Pick'em Contest. As the winner, CrimsonJag will receive (at the end of the season) a $20 gift certificate to our TideFansStore.com!

ebtide, giginswim, and Bama Shadow are in a 3-way tie in the season standings with a total of 85 points.

See Final Standings for Week 10 standings and Season Standings.

PICK'EM RULES
If you have not entered before, please read the rules before entering the contest.
NOTE: PICK AGAINST THE SPREAD! (Also, the HOME TEAM is on the RIGHT). Picks will not be updated immediately. More details are at the bottom of this post.

Thanks & good luck!

WEEK 11 PICK'EM ENTRY

WEEK 10 RESULTS
Place|Username/ID|Total Points|Pick Pct|Tie Break
Place|Username/ID|TotalPoints|PickPct.|TieBreak
1|CrimsonJag|11|69%|40
2t|Alanbama27|11|69%|46
2t|Bama Shadow|11|69%|46
4|hightiderising|11|69%|29
5|ROLL TIDE ROLL17|11|69%|28
6|BrenLovesBama|11|69%|26
7t|GreatDanish|10|63%|40
7t|334bamagirl|10|63%|40
9|RKel32|10|63%|42
10|twofbyc|10|63%|34
11|Bamaman-n-ks|10|63%|33
12|bamax12|10|63%|27

2009 SEASON STANDINGS
As of 11/09/009 (Through Week 10 - All Games Complete)
Place|Mover/Loser|Username|TotalPoints
1t |Mover (+1) |ebtide |85 |53%
1t|NC (0)|ginginswim|85|53%
1t|Mover (+5)|Bama Shadow|85|53%
4|Loser (-2)|UAB-CT|84|53%
5|Mover (+1)|Dr. Van Nostran|83|52%
6t|Mover (+3)|Tradition4ever|82|52%
6t|Loser (-2)|RTRinSpain|82|52%
8|Mover (+6)|HELENKELLERMRI|80|50%
9|Loser (-3)|T Town Tank|79|50%

WEEKLY RESULTS

RULES
Please read the rules before entering the contest. Thanks & good luck!
NOTE: PICK AGAINST THE SPREAD! (Also, the HOME TEAM is on the RIGHT)

Please read this before entering!

BE SURE you enter the same password as you entered in prior weeks. Otherwise your entry may be invalidated.

SUMMARY INSTRUCTIONS:
1) You must pick all 16 games each week. We expanded to 16 games last year to make it easier to accomodate all SEC games and a few others that might be a little more difficult (or interesting) to pick.
2) All prizes will be awarded at the END of the season. This will make it easier on me to administrate. So, if you win week 1, your prize will be awarded at the end of the season. See the rules for more information.
3) The 2009 pickem season will be 16 weeks long. This will help accomodate the 923 meaningless bowl games that are now played. :)

NOTES:
1) Note that picks will not be updated immediately. Instead, I have to run a program that updates them about 1 time per day or every other day.
1a) If you entered picks before Saturday, check back on Friday or Saturday to make sure your picks were entered.
1b) Be sure to save a copy of the page that confirms your picks! (in your browser do something like FILE-->SAVE AS)

2) After week 1, if you have made picks in a previous week, your name will appear in the dropdown on the pick entry sheet. Until then, you have to click NEW and then enter your username.

3) DO NOT use your TideFans password.

4) You MUST be a registered member of TideFans to participate. Registration is free, so signup if you haven't already!

5) You can enter the contest at any week. Thus, if you missed out on week 1, feel free to enter week 2B and future weeks. The season prize is for the member with the most points at the end of the season, so you're probably never out of it if you miss a week...unless you're a terrible picker like me :)

Please let me know ASAP via PM if you have any difficulties entering your picks. Make a post here and I (or a fellow member) can probably help you. Before asking a question please re-read this post! If you ask a question that is answered here, you'll most likely be referred back to the instructions anyway!

PRIZES:
Weekly first place winner: $20 gift certificate to our TideFansStore.com
Season Winner: $200 gift certificate to our TideFansStore.com
Season 2nd Place: $100 gift certificate to our TideFansStore.com
Season 3rd Place: $50 gift certificate to our TideFansStore.com
Season 4th Place: $25 gift certificate to our TideFansStore.com
Season 5th Place: $10 gift certificate to our TideFansStore.com

REMEMBER
Several things to keep in mind:

1. Picks are against the spread
  2. Only registered members are eligible to enter & win prizes
  3. Use your TideFans member username as your username in the entry sheet
  4. DO NOT use your TideFans password! But use one that you can remember in future weeks!
  5. Prizes will be announced this weekend but will generally be the same as in previous years
  6. Your picks will not show up immediately so don't ask "Where are MY picks?". I will update the picks at least once per day - usually at night.
  7. GOOD LUCK!

NOTE: PICK AGAINST THE SPREAD!

CrimsonJag

All-American
Apr 9, 2001
Jacksonville, FL
Holy Cow! I actually won a week? Sweet!

Jimmy The Greek I ain't, but I'll take it!

:pDT_alc: :pDT_ura1: :pDT_nzd: :pDT_leb: :pDT_ura:

:party: :sifone: :cheers2: :ROCKER: :TRIO1

bamachile

Hall of Fame
Jul 27, 2007
Oakdale, Louisiana
I'm not doing too bad, but those two bad weeks I had are going to cost me any chance I had at the championship.

Oh, well. At least I know how Les Miles feels. :wink:

OreBama

All-American
Sep 26, 2005
Portland, OR
I can't believe Bama is only a 12.5 pt fav over MSU. I'm glad as it makes it an easier pick for me, but I thought most of our games' spreads have been high. We've covered mostly, but I was worried . This spread being relatively low makes me wonder if the experts know something I don't and based on my pick 'em results: they do!

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.