BREAKING Sec additions–Texas, Oklahoma inquire about joining SEC per report

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
The UTx fans that I've observed the last day or two have done nothing to change the view that they are insufferably arrogant. They seem to be despicable - hopefully it's just a fringe element that I've encountered.
No...that's the real UT fan...and we are going to have to put up with them whereas before we could just ignore them as irrelevant. Oh well...

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
If this statement prompts someone to delve into politics the comment will be deleted and the poster is subject to an involuntary vacation, but how much does the Texas legislature lacking a quorum play into the timing of this? There is no way for the legislature to intervene to stop it right now.
I doubt Abbot would call a special session over it. I wouldn’t be surprised if he isn’t a player in this thing.

I think the whole point with this story breaking was for aTm to cause chaos and potentially force Texas to stay put due to pressure. Texas has left in the middle of the night before on conferences so I guarantee you that was probably their plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.