SEC unanimously votes to extend membership invitations to Texas, Oklahoma

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
It's not a real rivalry. Last I looked with nearly 8:1 in favor of Texas. It's as lopsided as Alabama/ole miss.
Since 1975 it’s dead even.

Texas also enjoyed a massive lead in their series over Oklahoma until the Bob Stoops era. It’s still a big lead even after OU’s dominance over the last 20 years.

Things change.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Texas is 62-49-5 all time vs Oklahoma.

Prior to Bob Stoops it was 55-34-5.

Texas is 76-37-5 vs Texas A&M.

However, it’s 21-19 over the last 40 games, along about the time A&M became a coed college.

I’m not trying to take away history a la Auburn fans, but simply making the point that we now have 4 decades of competitiveness between these two programs. It’s a rivalry. And we have the example of Oklahoma, who no one questions is every bit the equal of Texas or better, yet they have a pretty bad record all time vs the Horns.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Lose with grace, Bob.
Nah…He’s not bright enough.

Sankey played this thing like Perlman played the violin. Think about. Last year during Covid, Sankey waited, while the others stumbled all over themselves. He made the decision: “we are going to figure a way to play football. The rest of you can do what you want”. He put together a plan with contingencies, play a ten game conference schedule and showed everyone in college athletics he knew what we was doing.

Then, fully recognizing the other P5 conferences had new, weaker leadership and the Big 12 has “brainless Bob” at the helm, Sankey knew his position of strength was never better and it was time to move. He pulled off these discussions for months with OU and UTw without it ever leaking.

And the whole time the other SEC members knew these discussions were going on behind the scenes. And he covered his bases at every turn. He told the TAMU folks to go sit in the corner and be quiet. Then when news broke, he let them “whine” publicly for abt 24 hours then told then “okay get over it”.

To be honest, I wasn’t a big fan of Sankey when he took over for Slive. But I have to give the guy his props. This was masterful

Notice something? Some of the “talking heads“ playing this thing as the power hungry SEC trying to destroy college football. The truth is that many of those can’t stand the fact that those they consider “yo-bob hayseeds in the SEC” won again, this time on the economic field. Guarantee you these same “pundits” would be lauding and fawning if the Big 10 or PAC 12 pulled off something similar.

I’m just giggling.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Nah…He’s not bright enough.

Sankey played this thing like Perlman played the violin. Think about. Last year during Covid, Sankey waited, while the others stumbled all over themselves. He made the decision: “we are going to figure a way to play football. The rest of you can do what you want”. He put together a plan with contingencies, play a ten game conference schedule and showed everyone in college athletics he knew what we was doing.

Then, fully recognizing the other P5 conferences had new, weaker leadership and the Big 12 has “brainless Bob” at the helm, Sankey knew his position of strength was never better and it was time to move. He pulled off these discussions for months with OU and UTw without it ever leaking.

And the whole time the other SEC members knew these discussions were going on behind the scenes. And he covered his bases at every turn. He told the TAMU folks to go sit in the corner and be quiet. Then when news broke, he let them “whine” publicly for abt 24 hours then told then “okay get over it”.

To be honest, I wasn’t a big fan of Sankey when he took over for Slive. But I have to give the guy his props. This was masterful

Notice something? Some of the “talking heads“ playing this thing as the power hungry SEC trying to destroy college football. The truth is that many of those can’t stand the fact that those they consider “yo-bob hayseeds in the SEC” won again, this time on the economic field. Guarantee you these same “pundits” would be lauding and fawning if the Big 10 or PAC 12 pulled off something similar.

I’m just giggling.
You don’t have to guarantee it. They did this already when the Big Ten poached Nebraska and they were doing it when the PAC 10 was trying to get Texas et. al from the Big 12.

Every other article was how savvy Delaney and Larry Scott were.

Reactions: CB4

JDCrimson

Suspended
Feb 12, 2006
I wonder if many B12 players will jump into the transfer portal from the remaining schools? OU and UT may raid the best players from the conference on their way out the door...

Reactions: CajunCrimson

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.

Latest threads