Snake Experts: What Is This?

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
So the other day I’m in Twin Falls, Idaho - right next to the Evel Knievel ramp - and nearly stepped on this little guy (the picture is a focus closeup, he wasn’t overly big).

Anybody know what and how you can tell? I’m guessing copperhead but any input is appreciated.

IMG_7462.jpeg

Toddrn

All-American
Nov 29, 2006
Woodstock, Ga
So the other day I’m in Twin Falls, Idaho - right next to the Evel Knievel ramp - and nearly stepped on this little guy (the picture is a focus closeup, he wasn’t overly big).

Anybody know what and how you can tell? I’m guessing copperhead but any input is appreciated.

View attachment 33463
Copperheads are not found in Idaho. Looks like a Gopher snake to me.

Reactions: CB4 and seebell

Bubbaloo

1st Team
Dec 8, 2015
They are a lot smarter than we give them credit for. LOL

View attachment 33463
Any snake without proper ID is a cooperheaded rattle moccasin. They can be found in every state except Alaska

jabcmb

All-American
Feb 1, 2006
Birmingham, AL
Based on your location and description of its length, I’d go with long nose snake. They live out there and you probably interrupted his breakfast tramping around.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
I know a snake who works for government. He’s a civil serpent.

This may be the wrong board Selma. Kirby is a snake in the grass so you might check a uga board for clarification.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.