Question: So who would be the best DC and Placekicker

MDBSnare

All-SEC
Nov 5, 2007
As many have alluded to......we have an issue with our defense (and it seems a lot mental). I was so sad watching our porous defense give up so many yards and points, but worse than that? The complete inability to think at a base (protozoic) level. And.....the plae kicking has been comical - but I have not been laughing!! So, who might we get as DC and Placekicker coaches. I look forward to your responses.....Thanks!! :cool2:

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
As many have alluded to......we have an issue with our defense (and it seems a lot mental). I was so sad watching our porous defense give up so many yards and points, but worse than that? The complete inability to think at a base (protozoic) level. And.....the plae kicking has been comical - but I have not been laughing!! So, who might we get as DC and Placekicker coaches. I look forward to your responses.....Thanks!! :cool2:
We just hired TWO kicking gurus in Feb. 2019. I think we will get a lot better next year.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
You asking about a kicking coach or actual player?

Remember Bulovus lost the job at the beginning of the year to the true freshman from Hoover named Will Reichard. He kicks the ball well, although he missed a couple early on, but you can tell the way the ball flies end over end and how elevated he gets the ball that he's got great potential. After having to sit this year because of injury, I think he'll come back next year and be a weapon. At least we can hope!!!

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Like it or not, our kicking has improved this year. Special team improved. We found our punter. As far as DC, Hard to speculate when we don't know anything. Golding could be back next year... maybe he won't. Yes, I chose to go that way because right now, he is still employed by Alabama, and I have to respect that.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Saban taught Smart. Saban taught Pruitt. Saban is going to keep Golding with the same in mind.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
Please stop! IMO, the DC gets a pass because of all the injuries to our experienced players. With as many freshmen that we played this year, I think he did a very good job. Unless Coach Saban makes a change (and I seriously doubt he will), there is no issue with him.

Injuries forced us to play a second string kicker as well... :cool2:

rtr90

1st Team
Dec 7, 2018
I had no idea that Mattison was DC at Ohio State. I was hot on him when he was at michigan having seen him do magic at Ravens

If I am not wrong I think Saban has some history with him

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I had no idea that Mattison was DC at Ohio State. I was hot on him when he was at michigan having seen him do magic at Ravens

If I am not wrong I think Saban has some history with him
Mattison is 69 years old. I don't see him picking up and moving to the South at this point. He would be a perfect fit, but I seriously doubt it happens, even if Day leaves.

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
Honestly, Bama has a kicker and once he gets well then the spot is ok....... as for the DC, that’s anyone’s guess. Could be the same that they have now, or someone out of the blue......I’ve even seen Muschamp suggested......

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Saban taught Smart. Saban taught Pruitt. Saban is going to keep Golding with the same in mind.
I tend to agree with B1G on Golding’s future at Alabama. If I were looking to replace an assistant it would be the assistant coaching our CBs. #7 had a bad year and #2 played better as a freshman.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I tend to agree with B1G on Golding’s future at Alabama. If I were looking to replace an assistant it would be the coaching our CBs. #7 had a bad year and #2 played better as a freshman.
That would be Scott. I really don't know much about him. Maybe Golding could take over that group and you could hire an ILB coach?

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
FWIW Saban laid on thick praise for Golding in his UA Athletics Nick Saban Show that just went up on youtube.
Just watched it. Pretty clear that Golding is staying because he offered that praise unsolicited.

Superdad

1st Team
Sep 17, 2009
Well, then I guess we will have to see what he can do with a slate of un-injured players
Injuries happen. I can't fault the DC for that. But this defense did not get better through the course of the year. 45 points should have been plenty to beat Auburn, even with the 2 pick 6's. Their offense is not very good.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.