Terry Bowden fired at ULM…

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
Are we talking about the same Terry Bowden?
I am friends with him and his family...played racquet ball with him and his brother Steve almost weekly when they were at Samford as coach and professor. His BIL and sister were members of my church -- we had a great relationship. I guess all that colors my perception...he was set up to fail by the PTB @ AU. When he won they did not know what to do...

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
I am friends with him and his family...played racquet ball with him and his brother Steve almost weekly when they were at Samford as coach and professor. His BIL and sister were members of my church -- we had a great relationship. I guess all that colors my perception...he was set up to fail by the PTB @ AU. When he won they did not know what to do...
I only know of him, personally, from his time in the Shoals. Those impressions and interactions were, let's just say, less than flattering.

As for the coaching aspect, his best work was at the Barn and he got fired from there, too...

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
My sister in law and her husband were close friends with Terry Bowden during his time at Auburn. They genuinely like him. That said, they would also tell you that Terry was his own “biggest fan” at times which could get a little tiring.

Reactions: Slowpoke Catracho

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.