The Deshaun Watson saga

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Please tell me there is reaction video of Calvin Ridley first learning of the penalties handed out to Watson and Ross.
Apparently being a degenerate gambler is far worse than being a sexual predator. Integrity of the game and all. Again apparently being a sexual predator keeps the game pure.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
The NFL appeals the Watson decision.

It is probably the most expected thing to be honest. It also potentially makes Deshaun available for week one if it isn’t resolved by then.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
It also seems no one can currently confirm whether Watson could continue to play while the appeal/lawsuit plays out. I think that is the biggest risk the NFL has of looking like complete idiots in this situation. They want a longer suspension, but in the process of trying to get it, he ends up playing this full year and then loses the appeal/lawsuit in the end, and the 6 game suspension is upheld.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Ok , can anyone explain the lack of criminal prosecution in this case? I don’t understand. 24 women over the course of a few years. Anyway , the suspension should have been no less than one year.

TexasBama

TideFans Legend
Jan 15, 2000
Houston, Texas USA
I don’t really follow the Texans, but probably will more now that they have a couple of Bama guys. That said, I’m glad they got rid of Watson

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Because it has always been a civil suit with very little evidence….
Harvey Wienstein lost a $Billion company and is serving 23 years with no physical evidence, but the word of many women from 14-20 years ago. I would think the word 24 women over the last 2-3 years should be enough to prove some criminal liability.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Harvey Wienstein lost a $Billion company and is serving 23 years with no physical evidence, but the word of many women from 14-20 years ago. I would think the word 24 women over the last 2-3 years should be enough to prove some criminal liability.
There was a lot of evidence against Weinstein and plenty that showed him and the 3 women were In the same place. The women were not on the famous end of the spectrum and actually went to the police on the matter.

Here, none of them went to the police and decided to take it to civil court.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
There was a lot of evidence against Weinstein and plenty that showed him and the 3 women were In the same place. The women were not on the famous end of the spectrum and actually went to the police on the matter.

Here, none of them went to the police and decided to take it to civil court.
10 of the 24 actually did file criminal complaints against Watson, as for evidence, hell the Texans actually booked rooms for Watson’s massages during the Pandemic, and gave him non disclosure agreements.🤷🏻‍♂️ So it was easy to place them together. And listening to recordings of his deposition, it makes you wonder how the prosecutors failed to get an indictment. I’m done

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
10 of the 24 actually did file criminal complaints against Watson, as for evidence, hell the Texans actually booked rooms for Watson’s massages during the Pandemic, and gave him non disclosure agreements.🤷🏻‍♂️ So it was easy to place them together. And listening to recordings of his deposition, it makes you wonder how the prosecutors failed to get an indictment.
After 22 women filed suit against him and their lawyer dangled the threat of criminal filings if Watson didn’t comply. It became a media spectacle well before it reached the grand jury. By then you got them wondering how many are real cases and how many are people are trying to get a payday. Weinstein’s chief accusers reported to the police and sued afterwards. Also consider Watson’s image up until then was clean, Weinstein has always had rumors of sexual misconduct.

It was a far higher degree of difficulty for a prosecutor to win over a grand jury once Buzzbe made it a media circus.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Apparently being a degenerate gambler is far worse than being a sexual predator. Integrity of the game and all. Again apparently being a sexual predator keeps the game pure.
Well not to defend Super Predator BUT.....there's a BIG difference in being in debt to gamblers and throwing games (or trying to throw games) and breaking the law off the field when it comes to affecting the realism and integrity of the contest itself.

Of course, you could come back with an immediate counter argument: what if a gambler knows about DeShaun's private activities and threatens him unless he throws a game - which the quarterback has the most control over that particular outcome. But that itself would be the crime of extortion, too, and is far less likely.

When I was young and the Pete Rose debacle was ongoing, my thought was "for Pete's sake, if he's betting ON HIS OWN TEAM then what's the issue?" But since he wasn't every night, he was sending a signal to gamblers on nights he didn't bet "hey, we're probably gone lose." It took me years to figure that out because nobody in the press explained the connection. WE ALL understand why you can't gamble against your own team.

DogPatch

Suspended
Dec 4, 2018
Tuscaloosa
Ok , can anyone explain the lack of criminal prosecution in this case? I don’t understand. 24 women over the course of a few years. Anyway , the suspension should have been no less than one year.
Easy to explain. He's rich and famous. Gets you out of pretty much everything in America.

Reactions: Padreruf

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.