The Deshaun Watson saga

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
1) I am absolutely through with the Falcons if they sign this guy. He's radioactive. In short, 22 women don't all tell same story and at least SOME of them are telling the truth (and probably most of them).

2) I cannot believe a smart businessman like Arthur Blank hasn't already told them to get wet. This is a guy who might well be opening himself up for a humiliating public spectacle of "Boycott Home Depot."

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
The networks are racist.
I suspect the Falcons having one of the largest African-American fan bases right there in the city has a lot to do with why Blank hasn't just shot this down. But it never should have gotten out they were talking to him (assuming this is true).

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
What I don’t get is why he wants to play against Brady and the Bucs so bad on a crappy team.
Two things:
1- considering he's from Gainesville, GA, he likely grew up a Falcons fan, and
2- he's probably asking himself what the chances are that he has to face Brady for more than a season, maybe two.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Word is now that Matt Ryan is out of Atlanta no matter what.
Didnt they just sign him for a contract? Because early on the Steelers were targeting Ryan as a bridge but backed off.

Misconduct aside this may be the worst story in recent nfl history, and it tops the Aaron Rodgers saga. This dude is telling people “no” that are far better built and telling everyone he wants to be in the south. The damn Texans are getting absolutely nothing off either the Falcons or the Saints unless kamara or Ryan are a part of the deal.

Reactions: DzynKingRTR

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Didnt they just sign him for a contract? Because early on the Steelers were targeting Ryan as a bridge but backed off.

Misconduct aside this may be the worst story in recent nfl history, and it tops the Aaron Rodgers saga. This dude is telling people “no” that are far better built and telling everyone he wants to be in the south. The damn Texans are getting absolutely nothing off either the Falcons or the Saints unless kamara or Ryan are a part of the deal.
They actually asked Ryan to hold off signing his restructuring contract until Tuesday.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

Teams may be talking about putting in some sort of language that Watson and his team see as too risky given the fact that he is a sexual predator

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
That will turn out to be the worst trade in NFL history, IMO. And the Browns deserve it. I feel bad for their fans.
Yep trade away 3 first rounders to get this guy only to finish 8-9 or 7-10. I guess Baker will get traded to the Colts now? If I am Ryan, I would want out of this city. I am not a Matt Ryan fan at all (just read my past posts on him) but they showed zero loyalty to him by even considering the sexual predator as an option. I saytrade away Ryan and just get through next year and go get Bryce Young in 2023.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Yep trade away 3 first rounders to get this guy only to finish 8-9 or 7-10. I guess Baker will get traded to the Colts now? If I am Ryan, I would want out of this city. I am not a Matt Ryan fan at all (just read my past posts on him) but they showed zero loyalty to him by even considering the sexual predator as an option. I saytrade away Ryan and just get through next year and go get Bryce Young in 2023.
people have gone completely bonkers over Deshaun. Literally 2 teams have publicly said “we don’t like our best quarterback in the last 20-30 years so we want Watson”. The Falcons and Browns are two horrible franchises and Ryan and Mayfield deserve better.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
That will turn out to be the worst trade in NFL history, IMO. And the Browns deserve it. I feel bad for their fans.
The guy who lives downstairs here was just telling me the terms, and I thought he HAS to be drunk.
Apparently, the GM at Cleveland was the drunk one.

Houston will be in the playoffs in two years, and Cleveland will be 4-13.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.