The Man Gripe Thread (MEN ONLY)

Zorak

All-American
Jan 8, 2010
Orlando, FL (Winter Park area)
I hate group texts because you can't make them stop!
I had to turn all alerts on my phone when I was in the hospital and nursing home back in Sept/Oct (except from my wife) because if I didn’t my phone would be constantly dinging at me at inopportune times, when I was trying to sleep, etc. My sisters, aunt, and parents were constantly trying to get updates (which was fine in theory) but I just didn’t want to talk to anyone most of the time. I’ve kept it that way since.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I had to turn all alerts on my phone when I was in the hospital and nursing home back in Sept/Oct (except from my wife) because if I didn’t my phone would be constantly dinging at me at inopportune times, when I was trying to sleep, etc. My sisters, aunt, and parents were constantly trying to get updates (which was fine in theory) but I just didn’t want to talk to anyone most of the time. I’ve kept it that way since.
I had to do the same a couple of years ago, when I was in for a bit over a week with a colon resection. I had one HS friend, who became a friend of my wife's through a ladies' club, barge in and talk for 30 minutes during no-visiting hours. I don't think people understand the concept of "needing rest"...

Reactions: Zorak and Toddrn

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
I had to do the same a couple of years ago, when I was in for a bit over a week with a colon resection. I had one HS friend, who became a friend of my wife's through a ladies' club, barge in and talk for 30 minutes during no-visiting hours. I don't think people understand the concept of "needing rest"...
Amen. I would visit the hospitals regularly...but stayed briefly and had a policy of never waking up a patient/member. They needed the sleep more than they needed to see me, usually.

Reactions: seebell

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Amen. I would visit the hospitals regularly...but stayed briefly and had a policy of never waking up a patient/member. They needed the sleep more than they needed to see me, usually.
Our present pastor popped in and out also. I appreciated it. I was not able to eat and was being kept alive by IV and a feeding tube. I was weak and would happily have slept most of the time...

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
In today's "Nextdoor" feed a post from a lady who posted last year after she had an accident with a motorcycle and the rider was killed. In that previous post, she was complaining about how fast they go and are hard to see. Of course...she got ROYALLY roasted. As she should have been.

Fast forward to today and here she is again - complaining this about a left hand turn lane that is being extended that turns into her street due to a new Tractor Supply store under construction at the corner.
===========
Moe trouble for Corbin Park Road
As if we didn't already have enough traffic problems getting in and out of here-- they are elongating the left-turn lane on #44 coming into CP R - probably for Tractor Supply. I don't know where their driveway will be-- and why did they build so far back on the property? Is all the front going to be parking? Egads! Also why did they build a sidewalk to nowhere alongside their property? Makes no sense. Their lawyer had said they would "give us" a right turn lane-- which we already have-- it's crossing to that damnable median that is the problem. By the way, neighbors, after my accident last October, when the boy on the Yamaha hit me and totaled my car when I was almost totally IN the median-- I am charged with "Failure to Yield Right of Way on a State Road" and am being penalized for something that wasn't my fault. So beware when you cross over-- into Legal Hell!
============
And she's getting roasted once again......

Then another lady posted this:

Just saw first prostitute on Riverside Dr this AM.
Wearing thong underwear and shaking her butt as I drove by - I guess she didn't know it was going to be a woman diving by. Someone had warned us this was coming and it's true. How do we save New Smyrna Beach? I have already reported it to the New Smyrna Police.

:rolleyes:

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
I'm not sure other state's law regarding dogs. But Louisiana has a statewide leash law in that if you have a dog outside. It must be on a leash or in a fenced in area. The dog is not to be running freely throughout your yard if there isn't a fence.

A few weeks ago I'm walking and this lady's two dogs come running toward me from her front yard. One of the little (insert the cuss word) bit my calf and broke the skin. Of course as the dogs are attempting to bite me she's yelling from her front porch "Don't worry! THEY DON'T BITE!". Then I showed her and the second classic line comes out of her mouth "He's never done that before!". Thankfully the dog was current on shots, called my brother in law who's in the medical field, sent him a pic of it. Put neosporin on it and kept it clean for four days. I'm good to go. But I told the lady and since I've told her husband that there is a leash law for dogs. Their defense was "Well, he's never bitten anybody before and normally doesn't run after people." Which is a damn lie because three days after my incident he ran after a runner who was running by their house in the morning. She posted it on the neighborhood facebook page.

So, seeing they were being defensive about their dog. I left it at this. "The next time I see that dog in your yard without a leash I'm calling animal control. PERIOD. Which is what I should have done when he bit me. But I was trying to be nice and give y'all a warning." In retrospect. I should had kick the ever-living (insert another cuss word) out of the dog then called animal control to come pick him up.

Reactions: seebell

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
I'm not sure other state's law regarding dogs. But Louisiana has a statewide leash law in that if you have a dog outside. It must be on a leash or in a fenced in area. The dog is not to be running freely throughout your yard if there isn't a fence.

A few weeks ago I'm walking and this lady's two dogs come running toward me from her front yard. One of the little (insert the cuss word) bit my calf and broke the skin. Of course as the dogs are attempting to bite me she's yelling from her front porch "Don't worry! THEY DON'T BITE!". Then I showed her and the second classic line comes out of her mouth "He's never done that before!". Thankfully the dog was current on shots, called my brother in law who's in the medical field, sent him a pic of it. Put neosporin on it and kept it clean for four days. I'm good to go. But I told the lady and since I've told her husband that there is a leash law for dogs. Their defense was "Well, he's never bitten anybody before and normally doesn't run after people." Which is a damn lie because three days after my incident he ran after a runner who was running by their house in the morning. She posted it on the neighborhood facebook page.

So, seeing they were being defensive about their dog. I left it at this. "The next time I see that dog in your yard without a leash I'm calling animal control. PERIOD. Which is what I should have done when he bit me. But I was trying to be nice and give y'all a warning." In retrospect. I should had kick the ever-living (insert another cuss word) out of the dog then called animal control to come pick him up.
As a kid I had problems with dogs chasing me while riding my bicycle to school. I like dogs...I love dogs...but not dogs that try to bite me. I got a squirt gun and filled it with ammonia -- sprayed him the next time he came at me. Never a problem after that...

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
As a kid I had problems with dogs chasing me while riding my bicycle to school. I like dogs...I love dogs...but not dogs that try to bite me. I got a squirt gun and filled it with ammonia -- sprayed him the next time he came at me. Never a problem after that...
We are dog people as well. Just not dog people when the dog is trying to remove a vein from our legs. My wife and I both now carry a pocket size of Mace spray. To be honest I'd still like to kick the (bad word) out of that dog.

Reactions: Go Bama and B1GTide

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
We are dog people as well. Just not dog people when the dog is trying to remove a vein from our legs. My wife and I both now carry a pocket size of Mace spray. To be honest I'd still like to kick the out of that dog.
TBH, I did play polo with one when I had my baseball bat with me riding to practice...he didn't bother me again either.

Reactions: dayhiker and 92tide

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida

I was with you the entire time until the part about hurting the dog.

It's the human who should be hurt, Buzz.

I know you know this.

She needs to have her ass dragged to court and sued.

If things were fair, she should be imprisoned.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001

I know you know this.

You are correct...and for the record, I haven't hit another dog. Life is not fair, however...and dogs reflect their owners.

Reactions: B1GTide and seebell

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

I know you know this.

I agree with Padre. We have fairly new neighbors with dogs which are some sort of mix. The woman confided to my wife that her dogs would defend her to the death and were trained to kill. Fast forward. Another neighbor, living only a half block from the killer dogs, was walking his dogs in the adjacent park. The lady with the killer dogs saw him and warned him that he'd "better control your dogs or it won't end well for them." Then her dogs took off, dragging her on her belly, and attacked the man's dogs, injuring them badly. The killer dog family are relatively new in the neighborhood. Wish they'd stayed where they were...

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Because I run trails with bobcats and bear, I carry bear spray. If a dog tries to bite me, he will regret it. I love dogs, but if a dog bites me, it will be lucky to live, and I am pretty unapologetic about it. Once a dog bites a human, it can never be trusted again. It is the owner's fault, but the dog cannot be allowed to bite people.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Because I run trails with bobcats and bear, I carry bear spray. If a dog tries to bite me, he will regret it. I love dogs, but if a dog bites me, it will be lucky to live, and I am pretty unapologetic about it. Once a dog bites a human, it can never be trusted again. It is the owner's fault, but the dog cannot be allowed to bite people.
We have nextdoor neighbors, not the ones with the dangerous dogs, who've ruined a whole series of dogs in the 7-8 years they've lived there. They acquire them and then ignore them and their kids do too. There's never any attention paid to them. They have two especially obnoxious ones now, which they've confined in their back on ties, which is illegal in HSV. Last year, one had run up on to the pavement and bit my wife's leg, ruining her pants in the process. There were many apologies, promises to pay for the (nice) pants, etc., all of which were promptly forgotten. It's the owners, in all but a few cases...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.