Thoughts on last nights games and the big one

cjonze

Jan 6, 2022
Sometimes teams lose to teams that they are better than, but not by 17 points. Georgia can win this game, but they are not definitively the better team. That notion was put to bed a few weeks ago.

It is interesting though listening to Georgia sports talk and the various UGA podcasts. Perhaps it's posturing for the benefit of the fanbase, but there is is this overwhelming sentiment that UGA did not put their best foot forward in the SECCG. I find that utterly ridiculous since beating Alabama would have kept us out of the CFP and Monday would probably be about a UGA coronation more than a legit blood bath of a championship game.

Last night I listened to a DawgNation podcast where it was four UGA beat writers discussing the game. Three of them were complete UGA homers and the fourth was Mike Griffith who has made the rounds in the SEC as a beat writer for various teams, including Alabama. Personally, I enjoy Mike Griffith's take on college football because he is very honest in his opinion and doesn't sugar coat. Not sure he's great as a beat writer since he is completely unwilling to embrace the homerism. You could tell he was very annoyed with the bravado that the other three were coming with on their predictions for the game. It's a total waste of time, and means nothing in the outcome of the game Monday, but it is absolutely entertaining to me to listen.
I appreciate your points on the SECG - Yes, I think that would have wrapped things up for Georgia then and there. I don't think it was that they "weren't putting their best foot forward" either. Those 19-20 year-olds definitely drank the poison. I think they'll show much better on Monday. If they can get to Bryce - which is a big IF - and I think Kirby will have adjustments in place, I think it will be interesting. That, and even if Georgia is the better team this year (I think they are), the Bama psychological factor for the Dawgs is THING. Everyone says it isn't, but that just isn't true.

BamaBoySince89

All-American
Aug 13, 2016
Harvest, AL
Look, I’m looking forward to Bama leaving NO DOUBT that we are the same team that beat Georgia in December! Georgia can feel how they wanna feel all day but the facts will show up once that clock hit 00:00

Roll Tide

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.