Transfer Portal 2023-2024...

Status
Not open for further replies.

some_al_fan

Scout Team
Jan 14, 2024
It doesn't sound like there's any rules against it. No doubt the player would sue, but somebody's gotta teach these kids personal responsibility. All decisions have potential consequences.
I think confusion comes from defining what “announcement” means
Official definition is
----------
Athletes who have decided to transfer don't actually put their own name into the portal. They have to submit a notification of transfer to a compliance administrator at their current school, who then has two business days to enter the information into the portal.
_-------------

So, players don't really enter transfer portal by themselves. They notify school admins, who enter them. And that notification, aka announcement ,is what allows school to pull scholarship.

Social media posts, interviews to journalists, etc. are not really announcements of the transfer.

Last edited:
Reactions: dtgreg

Ledsteplin

Hall of Fame
Nov 20, 2013
Florence, Alabama
Is he good? Just entered portal (grad transfer and he is going for MBA). Seem to be GA backup OT last year
I don't know much about him. But Georgia does bring in top OL. If he played in 12 games in 2023, I would think he's pretty good.

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
Is he good? Just entered portal (grad transfer and he is going for MBA). Seem to be GA backup OT last year
No idea, but we are pretty thin along the OL so I really hope he's getting a good look from the staff....

Reactions: some_al_fan

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Kinda makes one wonder the chain of events that leads up to an athlete announcing his departure before eligibility to actually transfer.

Is it incoming tampering?

Is the athlete inviting solicitation/tampering?

This whole "SYSTEM?" is jacked above the clouds! I want to stay interested and active in CFB games and discussion but it's becoming less of a priority now. Really sad what our game has become.
Let me quote Coach Saban...
'It is what it is'. Kind of applies to todays football.

I wonder how long it will be before someone challenges the NCAA in court about The Portal. Since plyers have been talked to before the portal and it resulted in them taking the money and running, who is to say that's still a NO NO?
The NCAA is hoping the challenge will not involve the SEC or Big10, cause they really don't want to see the house of cards fold when the PARTNERS decide to go their own way. The NCAA is kind of walking on eggs right now. It's going to be interesting to see how this shakes out.

CrimsonTitles

1st Team
Mar 30, 2015
Ummmmmm

Iowa OT Kadyn Proctor is expected to re-enter the transfer portal and return to Alabama, per @DavidEickholt
Great news! Dude was learning on the job last year and improved as the year went along. It's extremely difficult to come in as a freshman at LT. This is huge! He'll be one of our most improved players in 2024. Book it!

This is not something you see every day. DeBoer is the man!

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Kadyn is not in the portal. He told On3 that he plans to enter after April 15
That's why they said expected to re-enter The portal isn't open till spring.
He could name 12 more schools by then.
He could but this sounds like he is specifically transferring to come back to Bama. He apparently spent spring break with another Bama player who he is close with. I forgot who but I'll go look at another site

Status
Not open for further replies.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.

Latest threads