Transfer Portal 2023-24, v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

BamaSully

1st Team
Oct 13, 1999
Jackson, TN
Yep, had that in 12 year old all stars last year. 12 kids.....wound up with a couple of parents that still don't like me. Their kids weren't quite good enough to crack the top 9....but oh boy did I hear about it. "He's worked too hard not to play".....no ma'am, he missed this practice and he has trouble picking up the signals that we're using.

Had one parent pull their kid....another threaten......vowed to never deal with that crap again. Then signed up for babe ruth ball this spring.

Parents just expect their kids to be on whatever team and playing. Its a sickness. I mean, my boy didn't make his middle school team after tryouts....baseball or basketball.....I'm not calling complaining. I'm telling him, ok, you've got work to do.

You know what makes them grow mentally....that adversity. That feeling of not being good enough and working to improve. The person they become through that adversity is stronger than the one that never deals with any.

Entitlement is a disease.
You are exactly right. Our kids benefit if we basically set them up for failure while they’re still under our roof so that we can guide them thru the process of dealing with adversity. The more failure, the more adversity, the more learning opportunities, the better prepared they are for the real world.

Reactions: Cruloc

BamaSully

1st Team
Oct 13, 1999
Jackson, TN
You are exactly right. Our kids benefit if we basically set them up for failure while they’re still under our roof so that we can guide them thru the process of dealing with adversity. The more failure, the more adversity, the more learning opportunities, the better prepared they are for the real world.
My grown kids are thanking me for it now

Meanwhile, what the heck is Brockermeyer doing????

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al
Are you kidding me?

If we'd seen this before spring started no one would be surprised at the move. Now it is but from all reports the staff considers brailsford the starter even after missing spring.

It'd be great to have the competition there for summer but the portal doesn't allow that much anymore.

Hate to lose him but I assume this comes with some talking with the staff and knowing he can start somewhere.

I expect he heads somewhere in Texas. He has a no contact tag so he knows where he wants to go. And he's a grad transfer so any team is possible even in conference. Don't be shocked if he's a longhorn or aggie maybe? But TCU makes most sense to me.

bamadwain

All-American
Oct 8, 2018
Jackson Tn
Agreed. Proctor had this designation. He will commit any day now to somebody. His brother transferred to TCU so that is one to keep an eye out for. Brailsford is the center now and still puzzling why he did not participate much of the spring.
I heard Brailsford issue was getting some classes done kind of like Nelson on the basketball team he had to get some cleared before he became eligible, so Parker should be about ready to go

davefrat

Hall of Fame
Jun 4, 2002
Hopewell, VA
From what we've been told it seems like Brailsford was working through personal issues?

That's more concerning than if he was injured in terms of his stability on the roster...at least to me.

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al
Do not contact = check cleared the bank.

Sigh.

Welp, maybe, just maybe Alabama picked up a center?
Technically yes, Its brailsford.
The staff is confident in him. It is now likely we will grab another lineman this cycle. Either way we needed to drop one to bring in woods or another cb.

I think he had a good enough spring its just hard for him to stick around as a backup.

It does help that ionata is further along than wed hoped too. I hate to lose brockermeyer after how much he improved. But I get get it

Reactions: BamaDenver

Ledsteplin

Hall of Fame
Nov 20, 2013
Florence, Alabama
Technically yes, Its brailsford.
The staff is confident in him. It is now likely we will grab another lineman this cycle. Either way we needed to drop one to bring in woods or another cb.

I think he had a good enough spring its just hard for him to stick around as a backup.

It does help that ionata is further along than wed hoped too. I hate to lose brockermeyer after how much he improved. But I get get it
Can Ionata play center?

westide

All-SEC
Jan 22, 2011
Sounds like he did not win the starting job. Apparently Parker is the presumed starter
Coach DeBoer made it very clear last week that Brailsford is working out to stay in shape and would be back soon. He didn't even start the year at center, but ended up being one of the best centers in college football. Evidently, Brockermeyer realized that he wasn't going to beat him out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.

Latest threads