TV Alert - Jeopardy Greatest of All Time (and New Host thread)

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
The Jeopardy Greatest of All Time tournament will begin tonight, 1/7, on ABC at 8 ET. The contestants will be Ken Jennings, Brad Rutter and James Holtzhauer. The three will compete in a series of matches; the first to win three matches receives $1 million and the title of “Jeopardy! The Greatest of All Time.” The two non-winners will each receive $250,000.
“Jeopardy! The Greatest of All Time” will air as follows:
· TUESDAY, JANUARY 7 (8-9 p.m. EST)
· WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 8 (8-9 p.m. EST)
· THURSDAY, JANUARY 9 (8-9 p.m. EST)
· *TUESDAY, JANUARY 14 (8-9 p.m. EST)
· *WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 15 (8-9 p.m. EST)
· *THURSDAY, JANUARY 16 (8-9 p.m. EST)
*If necessary.

Last edited:

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Interested to see how this goes. Ken Jennings may have an advantage since this is a series and his approach is less aggressive and sure-footed.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Somehow, the winner leaked . I don’t know who won, but offshore betting On the tournament was shut down. I think it is stupid to post odds of a pre recorded show. The audience, production company , caterers, security guards, etc all know who won!

Jeopardy GOAT winner leaked.

Reactions: Bazza

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
I think what amazes me most is how quickly they buzz in. I can’t read the question that quick!
They can not buzz in until Alex finishes reading the clue and a person off screen unlocks the buzzers and it is indicated on both sides of the board with a series of lights that light up. If they buzz in too soon their buzzer is locked out for .25 seconds.

• Thank You
Reactions: seebell

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
They can not buzz in until Alex finishes reading the clue and a person off screen unlocks the buzzers and it is indicated on both sides of the board with a series of lights that light up. If they buzz in too soon their buzzer is locked out for .25 seconds.
It’s really a contest of who buzzes in the quickest and who gets the daily doubles. Clearly Brad is not as quick on the buzzer as Ken or James. And Brads daily doubles have been hard to answer.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Ken Jennings is the GOAT. I'm not surprised that he won, I'm surprised that he tweaked his play style to mimic the aggressive daily double strategies implemented by James Holzhauer. Ken is a bright man who is well-read but he's, more importantly, a game show wonk and he effectively scouted Holzhauer then QA'd his own play style to cope with it. In an interview today he noted that a lot of smart people are bulldozed by James' aggression so he had to be less careful and bet his DDs much higher than he normally would.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
Ken Jennings is the GOAT. I'm not surprised that he won, I'm surprised that he tweaked his play style to mimic the aggressive daily double strategies implemented by James Holzhauer. Ken is a bright man who is well-read but he's, more importantly, a game show wonk and he effectively scouted Holzhauer then QA'd his own play style to cope with it. In an interview today he noted that a lot of smart people are bulldozed by James' aggression so he had to be less careful and bet his DDs much higher than he normally would.
Jennings just dominated. I was surprised and expected Holzhauer to win. I was pretty shocked when Jennings bet zero on the last final jeopardy. It worked out for him though.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
Jennings just dominated. I was surprised and expected Holzhauer to win. I was pretty shocked when Jennings bet zero on the last final jeopardy. It worked out for him though.
With two competitors like Ken & Brad it made it difficult for James to play his game of controlling the board and getting most of the daily doubles.

Reactions: Go Bama

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
Watched the rerun tonight with Ken Jennings as the GOAT.....it was epic. Not only is he intelligent he's also a master tactician!
I even got the Final Jeopardy Question...remembered it from before!!! These guys are amazing...my brain doesn't work like theirs. I could relate to Brad as he was about ½ a second slow in ringing in....

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
The two guest hosts that surprised me the most by doing a good job were Mike Richards and David Faber, both of who I wasn't familiar with beforehand.
IMO, also doing a good job were Aaron Rodgers, Jennings and Buzzy.
Joe Buck is up next and I think the last at this time.

Last edited:

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
'Jeopardy!' Urged to Invite 1985 Champ for Guest-Hosting Slot As Campaign Gathers Pace
A campaign has been launched for a former Jeopardy! champ to become a guest host on the hit quiz show—36 years after he first appeared as a contestant.
Chuck Forrest, 60, was initially seen rising to glory on the show back in 1985, when he hit the maximum five-game win streak and raked in $72,800 in earnings. He would return to Jeopardy! several times over the years.

"Chuck Forrest has always been a popular contestant, so Jeopardy! invited him back several times. (1990, 2002, 2005, 2014). In 2014's 'Battle of the Decades,' Chuck represented the 1980's, and won two games against the greatest players of the 90's and 2000's. He then moved on to face Ken Jennings in that tournament.

"Chuck led Jennings in Double Jeopardy, before Jennings took the lead for good and edged Chuck by a narrow margin.
'Jeopardy!' Urged to Invite 1985 Champ for Guest-Hosting Slot As Campaign Gathers Pace (msn.com)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.