UCLA and USC WILL Join the B1G in 2024

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Key points: What happens to Oregon and Oregon State?

CAL? they got left behind... Gotta think the board will step in to protect them. USC and UCLA left their little brother behind.

This will cause other team to mitgrate to SEC... Gotta think Clemson, FSU, Miami, Lousville, ND.

Reactions: Ole Man Dan

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
They die or listen to new rulers (Arizona or Washington)

CAL? they got left behind... Gotta think the board will step in to protect them. USC and UCLA left their little brother behind.
Everyone is going to look at what the Washingtons and Arizonas do most likely because they will decide where the PAC 12 goes

This will cause other team to mitgrate to SEC... Gotta think Clemson, FSU, Miami, Lousville, ND.
ACC and ND are probably on the clock.

• Haha
Reactions: fireater

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa

I doubt any ACC teams leave. Never underestimate their egos. They tuely believe their conference is awesome and superior to everyone else. The ACC will likely add teams.

Blindside17

Suspended
Aug 13, 2019
Phenix City, AL
Just further proof college football is turning into NFL junior. It's already headed in that direction with NIL deals and free agency.... I meant the transfer portal. Now geography is becoming less and less meaningful. Might as well have a NFC and AFC, kick all the smaller universities to the curb and play ball.

Reactions: Padreruf

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I doubt any ACC teams leave. Never underestimate their egos. They tuely believe their conference is awesome and superior to everyone else. The ACC will likely add teams.
It will probably depend on Notre Dame. I suspect that this will apply considerable pressure on them to either join one of the two power conferences or hold the line with the ACC. Because they are about to lose Stanford and USC on their permanent schedule unless some deal can be struck. Those are huge games for Notre Dame.

I think it is also possible that teams like Clemson and Florida St are probably going to try to start backdoor conversations with the SEC just as a contingency measure should Notre Dame jump one way or another

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
This will not be all.

The Big Ten likely goes after some combo of Utah/Colorado/Oregon/Washington. All AAU schools. Maybe even Stanford and Cal are in play.

I agree with 81 that it will be interesting to see where Notre Dame falls out in all of this. They've got an agreement with the ACC until 2036. How strong is that? Because they would not want to lose the USC and Stanford games.

But all in all, this is the Big Ten's (and USC's) response to the SEC's power play of Texas/OU. Not the silly Allied Powers nonsense the Pac 12/Big Ten/ACC came up with.

Reactions: UntouchableCrew

buckeyeFB_

3rd Team
Jun 24, 2019
I kind of saw this one coming, but I am not crazy about it because I hate the idea of teams having to play 3 time zones away during the regular season.

The Big 10 definitely needed at least one more big-name football school who could consistently be a top-15ish team because Michigan, Michigan State, and Penn State have just been too unpredictable/inconsistent in recent years, and teams like Wisconsin, Iowa and Northwestern just aren't capable of recruiting at a level that would allow them to be a consistent power. I think USC is definitely capable of being a consistent top-15 team now, but I would've preferred adding ND and/or Clemson and another ACC team.

Last edited:

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
This will not be all.

The Big Ten likely goes after some combo of Utah/Colorado/Oregon/Washington. All AAU schools. Maybe even Stanford and Cal are in play.

I agree with 81 that it will be interesting to see where Notre Dame falls out in all of this. They've got an agreement with the ACC until 2036. How strong is that? Because they would not want to lose the USC and Stanford games.

But all in all, this is the Big Ten's (and USC's) response to the SEC's power play of Texas/OU. Not the silly Allied Powers nonsense the Pac 12/Big Ten/ACC came up with.
My guess is that the B1G waits on Notre Dame's decision. Because the las thing they want is for them to force Notre Dame into joining the SEC because they jumped the gun to get Oregon as a last team in the pool. Im telling you right now, Arizona and Washington hold far more power now than they did a few hours ago. Oregon and Stanford may have Phil Knight but they are far less attractive than what most think.

If I was Florida St or Clemson then I would make peace with Florida and South Carolina and jump before the SEC starts trying to woo a Virginia or North Carolina based school

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.