Omnibus Thread on SEC Teams...

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011
Great game! Congrats Hogs!

Over 20,000 in attendance and we are going from 15,000 to 10,000. ?????

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
Got this one right, @AUDub !

Arky with a record attendance over twenty thousand.......let that sink in!

What a game though.....epic!
This team was starting to get mentally exhausted and you could tell. We've been playing with fire on the road for 2 weeks now and that finally stuck.

Positives are that, while it's loss, we are shorthanded, didn't play particularly well and are burned out, it still took a good Arky team OT to put us away in a wild arena. We didn't go quietly. If that switch flips for Jabari like it did in the final minute tonight, we'll be nearly unstoppable come tournament time.

bamadwain

All-American
Oct 8, 2018
Jackson Tn
This team was starting to get mentally exhausted and you could tell. We've been playing with fire on the road for 2 weeks now and that finally stuck.

Positives are that, while it's loss, we are shorthanded, didn't play particularly well and are burned out, it still took a good Arky team OT to put us away in a wild arena. We didn't go quietly. If that switch flips for Jabari like it did in the final minute tonight, we'll be nearly unstoppable come tournament time.
Barry Sanderson called it this morning on inside the locker room said Arkansas would win

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Barry Sanderson called it this morning on inside the locker room said Arkansas would win
Yeah I've been saying it since Saturday and was pretty well prepped for it. Said as much here yesterday. We've been incredibly lucky on injuries (though Zep being sick sucks and I hope he's back come Saturday) but this team needed a mental reset badly. Could tell the grind was starting to wear on them.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida

That game coulda gone either way.

I thought when regulation was ending and the Tigers had the last shot, (22 sec. left) they should have driven to the basket instead of launching from outside. Drive to the basket and either you score or go to the FT line - and win. Game over.

On the other hand Arky was missing a lot of their shots from beyond the arc too and were lucky to get enough to keep it tied up at least.

Then in the final minute the strategy of fouling and then making three's almost paid off for Auburn. And that is where the fatigue finally showed itself, as you said. Also having Kessler fouled out didn't help. He was a force last night.

I still think you'll win the SEC championship and eventually make it to the Final Four.

Arkansas has really rebounded from their start in conference play. Demonstrates why you can never lose hope when you go through a bad stretch - as long as there are game to play - there are games to win.

Kentucky now - whew....another one......we're loaded in our conference this season!

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
I thought when regulation was ending and the Tigers had the last shot, (22 sec. left) they should have driven to the basket instead of launching from outside. Drive to the basket and either you score or go to the FT line - and win. Game over.
If you're going to have a go from mid to long range it needs to be Jabari taking that shot, not Wendell heaving a logo 3. Wendell should have been looking to get to the basket like you said.

Reactions: Bazza

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
If you're going to have a go from mid to long range it needs to be Jabari taking that shot, not Wendell heaving a logo 3. Wendell should have been looking to get to the basket like you said.
You can coach a team as well as is possible and have the best talent but at the end of the day it's the players on the court who have to make the best decisions.

All these people bagging on their coach when their team loses.....most don't have a clue. Just popping off at the mouth because their feelings were hurt.

These games depend on so many freaking variables to go your way and any one of them could make the difference between getting the dub or the ell.

I have to say though - that game was very entertaining on so many levels.

The way the Razorback fan base reacted to a game of this magnitude alone was very satisfying to observe...

Reactions: WAR

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Great game! Congrats Hogs!

Over 20,000 in attendance and we are going from 15,000 to 10,000. ?????
The issue is we don't come close to averaging 15k. I doubt Arky comes close to averaging 20k either, but there was a time they probably did. We like to talk about how historically we were always the 2nd best SEC program behind UK. But Arky would probably qualify if we included their SWC history. They've got a rich basketball tradition.

I think 12k is the sweet spot for us, but especially so in a more intimately built arena, with fans on top of the court, especially rowdy students.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
The issue is we don't come close to averaging 15k. I doubt Arky comes close to averaging 20k either, but there was a time they probably did. We like to talk about how historically we were always the 2nd best SEC program behind UK. But Arky would probably qualify if we included their SWC history. They've got a rich basketball tradition.

I think 12k is the sweet spot for us, but especially so in a more intimately built arena, with fans on top of the court, especially rowdy students.
Demographics would say that over the next 10-20 years fewer and fewer people will attend sporting events. Why? Boomers are dying off and millenials have other interests...

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
A national title, runner up and 6 final fours is an extremely rich basketball tradition. Just haven't quite recaptured the magic after the end of the long stretch of greatness that was the Sutton/Richardson era.

Reactions: TideEngineer08

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.