Omnibus Thread on SEC Teams...

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
I think he means that Kessler isn’t exactly yours, he’s a transfer.

Rogers and Lewis started and ended their careers at Alabama.

It is interesting that Kess and Rogers got at least one of theirs with blocks.
Just after all the talent that went thru Auburn, Walker Kessler doesn’t strike much fear into me. Not a fan.

Reactions: AlexanderFan

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
Just after all the talent that went thru Auburn, Walker Kessler doesn’t strike much fear into me. Not a fan.
He's the best defensive big in the conference and quite possibly the country. A true 7 footer, not one of those guys that's 7 feet on paper. He's a monster.

I don't know how one could downplay Kessler. He leads the entire nation in blocks per game and total blocks. His stats the last time you saw him were 14 points, 12 boards, 8 blocks and 4 steals.

Reactions: seebell and dtgreg

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
He's the best defensive big in the conference and quite possibly the country. A true 7 footer, not one of those guys that's 7 feet on paper. He's a monster.

I don't know how one could downplay Kessler. He leads the entire nation in blocks per game and total blocks. His stats the last time you saw him were 14 points, 12 boards, 8 blocks and 4 steals.
Meh. He will be a nothing burger in the NBA. He will let you down in a big way before the year is over. Not a fan.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
What I still don't get is how he was used at Carolina. It wasn't as if he showed no ability when he was a given a chance to play. Think Hubert could use him now?

Reactions: TIDE-HSV

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Meh. He will be a nothing burger in the NBA. He will let you down in a big way before the year is over. Not a fan.

He's not the kind of big that really fits in today's NBA. Nowadays it's more of a Euroleague with shooters everywhere and some street ball mixed in rather than heavily position based like it was.

20 years ago he'd be a top 5 pick. Not today. NBA values guys like Jabari more.

gamersfuel

All-American
Jan 20, 2008
Auburn/near a cow pasture
although i'm not overly impressed with Auburn as a number 1 team, i am very impressed with Kessler. He is a true big man. And he's every bit of his listed height with impressive wingspan. Even though the center position in the NBA is different, i think he will have a good NBA career.

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Stripes are having a bad night in AU. Pippen is a walking forearm shiver and he gets the calls.

At the same time, this is the type of game that really reveals what could kill us in March. We are not a good 3 point shooting team, and if someone comes out hot against us, matching them shot for shot will be a tough ask.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Stripes are having a bad night in AU. Pippen is a walking forearm shiver and he gets the calls.

At the same time, this is the type of game that really reveals what could kill us in March. We are not a good 3 point shooting team, and if someone comes out hot against us, matching them shot for shot will be a tough ask.
Do you agree with the analysis of Jabari being strictly a right hand player? I haven't watched AU that much...

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
I know I've probably said things about Stackhouse in the past, but I'm starting to come around on him being a good coach. I think he has Vandy in about as good a position as he possibly could, and Xs and Os wise I'm really impressed with his offensive sets. Seems the man can coach basketball.

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Do you agree with the analysis of Jabari being strictly a right hand player? I haven't watched AU that much...
I saw that assessment and have a hard time finding fault with it. Jabari gets a lot of comparisons to Kevin Durant - I think at this point in both their careers Jabari is a better spot up shooter while KD was WAY better off the dribble - but yeah he's still a bit raw and I think whoever pointed that out is probably correct.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.