What to do about our Constitution

dtgreg

All-American
Jul 24, 2000
Tuscaloosa
www.electricmonkeywrench.com
I'd really like some folks with more education and insight to chime in with their ideas about how to strengthen the rule of law and democracy in this country. We're saddled with an undemocratic Electoral College and I wonder how we can move from the pre-electricity dark ages of its conceivement and into the information age. For those kibbitzing with little understanding of the nuts-and-bolts of our Government, this is a great Grade-School primer:

https://www.history.com/news/electoral-college-founding-fathers-constitutional-convention

• Facepalm
Reactions: AlistarWills

dtgreg

All-American
Jul 24, 2000
Tuscaloosa
Regarding the so-called "Green Bay Sweep" effort to thwart the will of the voters, the conspiritors may have had a valid constitutional argument that "The Legislatures of the Several States are the ONLY arbiters of Slates of Presidential Electors" making actual voting a dog-and-pony show, a fig leaf meant to appease the unwashed masses. I think they will fail because they missed the date of "Ascertainment". However, it will be useful to get a Supreme Court ruling on the merits, especially a corrupt (in the minds of most Americans) ruling. Much possible mischief! There is a Reckoning happening now.

Tug Tide

All-American
Aug 27, 2006
Redneck Riviera, Panama City Beach, FL
I cannot foresee politicians coming together with Constitutional Amendments for the betterment of this nation in my lifetime.
Hopefully my children’s generation will have seen the benefit of a diverse society and make progress eventually

Reactions: dtgreg

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I cannot foresee politicians coming together with Constitutional Amendments for the betterment of this nation in my lifetime.
Hopefully my children’s generation will have seen the benefit of a diverse society and make progress eventually
Actually, there is a bipartisan effort right now to amend the 1887 Electoral Count Act to rectify some of the ambiguities...

dtgreg

All-American
Jul 24, 2000
Tuscaloosa
It is my personal belief that the Cold War never ended, we just stopped fighting and declared victory. There was a period of armistice where the KGB even opened their files to us. Those day are long gone.

I believe we are under sustained attack by all asymetric and irregular means. I believe their are many traitors among us. I believe Kislyak studied our elections at Kennesaw State and that there are many assets at that University and many other government and non-government entities and that there has been a thorough examination of every conceivable weakness in our Constitution and Codes along with vital physical and cyber infrastructure.

I hope this is a case of Cow Pox where we, like the milk maids of yore, come out with scarred faces but immune to a deadly Small Pox infection. It ain't over yet, though. I want to see all Russian monies frozen and the Oligarchs' children kicked out of their upper-crust private schools here in the West. Embarrassment or potential embarrassment might be the best way to topple Putin and get an ankle-biting dog to heel.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
And it will get worse, as demographics continue to change. To me, this is the biggest stress on our society, going forward. As governments become more unrepresentative, history indicates more and more unrest. It also indicates such governments becoming more and more repressive and authoritarian, trying to keep a lid on the unrest...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.