2022 Recruiting: Who are the 2022 Recruiting Targets?

BirminghamBAMA

1st Team
Dec 29, 2013
We got a CB today for Kobe. I watched his video and this kid is the real deal and can fly. 3* now but won't be for long. Hope we get him.
It's been a done deal for him to Bama for weeks...just been a matter of when not if...caught wind last week that he was going to announce either before or right after he attends the cookout at Bama this weekend.

Tiderollin32

All-SEC
Mar 12, 2012
It's been a done deal for him to Bama for weeks...just been a matter of when not if...caught wind last week that he was going to announce either before or right after he attends the cookout at Bama this weekend.
Who are Bama's primary targets at WR? Kobe must be a stud for us to take a commit with so many guys still out there! I know he can fly!

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
we are at 95.16 rn just saying
Yes, but there are 2 prospects we are looking at that are rated 88 and 87, if we take them both (prentice and Pope) we will need a few 99’s and 97’s to balance that out . While it’s possible, I doubt we finish at or above 95 average this year. Not because we won’t get talent, but because Nick evaluates talent by his standards, not 247 composite!
Proof of this is Bulldog fans are going crazy that they have 7 5* players starting on their defense, but they weren’t selected preseason ALL SEC, while Bama had 7 preseason selected and 6 were only 4* kids! Like that makes a difference!

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
He's not a take for Alabama...they have other WR targets higher on their board.
So a high 4* kid, a big kid that played with Bryce Young , and that’s a legacy , and Nick flew out to visit personally last year . He is not a take! Wow, First World problems!

Tiderollin32

All-SEC
Mar 12, 2012
Yes, but there are 2 prospects we are looking at that are rated 88 and 87, if we take them both (prentice and Pope) we will need a few 99’s and 97’s to balance that out . While it’s possible, I doubt we finish at or above 95 average this year. Not because we won’t get talent, but because Nick evaluates talent by his standards, not 247 composite!
Proof of this is Bulldog fans are going crazy that they have 7 5* players starting on their defense, but they weren’t selected preseason ALL SEC, while Bama had 7 preseason selected and 6 were only 4* kids! Like that makes a difference!
Something to keep in mind that all players will fluctuate with their rankings after their performances in senior year and post games. I believe Prentice and Niblack will get major jumps in ratings this season.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Something to keep in mind that all players will fluctuate with their rankings after their performances in senior year and post games. I believe Prentice and Niblack will get major jumps in ratings this season.
I believe Walter Bob has room to move up as well, and some may move down! I’m also aware that only one class in the history of recruiting rankings have averaged a 95 or above !

Reactions: Tiderollin32

RiverTide

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 31, 2019
Welcome Kobe!! I am really excited to see him in crimson. Looks incredibly explosive and smooth.

Side note, I believe JoJo Earle and Evan Stewart have the same WR coach that the my train with in the off-season. Might not have a huge impact but I doubt it hurts

Reactions: TiderJack

BirminghamBAMA

1st Team
Dec 29, 2013
So a high 4* kid, a big kid that played with Bryce Young , and that’s a legacy , and Nick flew out to visit personally last year . He is not a take! Wow, First World problems!
Bama has guys rated higher....and one thing people need to realize is that this year ratings are probably the most off this year due to COVID and a lot of kids not being able to be personally seen and evaluated. He never camped at Bama and they wanted to see a lot of kids camp before they get the green light to commit. Our recent 5 star LB commitment Shawn Murphy was required to camp and work out for the coaches to get the green light to commit. Kobe Prentice camped, ran a 4.38 40, and balled out. He shot up Bama's board and became a take. Recruiting is very fluid.

Reactions: Padreruf

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Our 87 and 88 guys won't be that # when the final rankings come out so don't worry about the numbers right now.

Reactions: Tiderollin32

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Our 87 and 88 guys won't be that # when the final rankings come out so don't worry about the numbers right now.
I’m not worried about it, just pointing out that only one class in the history of 247 composite has ever rated a 95 average or higher, so probably will not keep that 95.16 average and we might not catch Ohio St. No where did I ever say I worried, just offering reasons why our average would dip.

Reactions: TiderJack

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Bama has guys rated higher....and one thing people need to realize is that this year ratings are probably the most off this year due to COVID and a lot of kids not being able to be personally seen and evaluated. He never camped at Bama and they wanted to see a lot of kids camp before they get the green light to commit. Our recent 5 star LB commitment Shawn Murphy was required to camp and work out for the coaches to get the green light to commit. Kobe Prentice camped, ran a 4.38 40, and balled out. He shot up Bama's board and became a take. Recruiting is very fluid.
My tongue was in firmly in my cheek when I wrote that😀

Reactions: BirminghamBAMA

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.