Question: Who is your Top 6 after Week 6?

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
1. Alabama
2. Oklahoma
3. Ohio State
4. UGA
5. LSU
6. Clemson

I started to list "BYE", simply because they are always able to stop the really good teams!

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
1. Ohio State - Balanced
2. LSU - Balanced
3. Alabama - Sketchy Defense and work in progress running game
4. Georgia - Very Streaky

5. Clemson - Have been 'Off' all year but could get Hot and beat anyone
6. Oklahoma - Fabulous Offense and Balanced but has the worst D of the Top 6-8

7. Wisconsin - Have been KILLING people and Jonathan Taylor is a BEAST but still don't have a BIG win.
8. Florida - Gutsy team with a really good D and a improved offense when Trask is 100%. I think UGA would MAUL them though.

I don't feel great about my list.....

Basically just the eye test of who I think would maybe beat who right now.... yet I still feel like nobody has really faced a TOUGH test yet.... so you can just about order those 8 teams in ANY order.

Cruloc

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2019
Wouldnt it be something if the semifinal match ups were

Alabama vs Oklahoma
Ohio State vs Georgia

Oh the story lines.

My top 6 today.
1. Ohio State
2. Georgia
3. Alabama
4. LSU
5. Clemson
6. Oklahoma

I'd love to see a Clemson v Wisconsin matchup.

rtrbama1

1st Team
May 31, 2015
1. Ohio State
2. Alabama
3. LSU
4. Georgia
5. Clemson
6. Oklahoma
7. Wisconsin
8. Florida

RammerJammer15

All-American
Sep 9, 2012
1. Ohio State
2. Alabama
3. LSU
4. Georgia
5. Oklahoma
6. Clemson

Sidenote: I don't know if anyone else feels this way but I think in some weird way we're being overlooked by everyone, flying under the radar if you will.

tide96

All-SEC
Oct 4, 2005
For all of you Alabama fans that are putting Ohio State #1, do you really think they are better than us right now? Ie, should they be favored over us if we played this week?

I don't understand why some many people are "resume is the only thing that matters" these days. If you think one team is better than the other, rank them that way.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
1. tOSU - they have played nobody, but have looked good doing it. They will not play anybody for 3 weeks.
2. Alabama - Offense looks great.
3. L8U - Offense has looked good, defense has looked bad
4. Oklahoma - Offense has looked great, defense is easily the worst in the top 6.
5. uga - I still believe they will lose a regular season game
6. clempson - something is off with this team and they will lose a game

others considered
7. Florida - defense is really good
8. Wisky - their running game is really good
9. Penn State - they are the current forgotten team

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
For all of you Alabama fans that are putting Ohio State #1, do you really think they are better than us right now? Ie, should they be favored over us if we played this week?

I don't understand why some many people are "resume is the only thing that matters" these days. If you think one team is better than the other, rank them that way.
I think they are the best team in the country right now, so yes, I guess that means I think they are better. Their defense is playing very well. Ours is not, even against bad offenses. I think our offense is a lot better than theirs though. In a hypothetical match up today, I think its a toss up.

I think LSU's offense is right with ours, though they haven't played a defense yet (that will obviously change next weekend). Our offense has a history going beyond this year, so I'm confident ours is better, but you can't ignore what they've done so far. LSU's defense is a huge unknown. They've played horrible some weeks, and good some others. But to me they are solidly in the top 4 right now.

It gets murky for me after that. I'm not sold on Georgia. Something is off with that team and I think it's going to bite them sooner or later. I think Oklahoma, with the Jalen factor, would beat Georgia right now. So I rank them 4th.

Florida has proven more to me than Clemson or Wisconsin, so they get the nod over those two. Were I to rank Wisconsin and Clemson, I'd have the Badgers 7 and Clemson at 8. A good team would destroy Clemson right now. They just look like a team that is fat, happy, and satisfied.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama

Yes, I do think tOSU would beat us if we played today. tOSU plays Wisconsin 10/26 in Madison which will be its and Wisconsin's first test. I fully expect the Buckeyes to win that game. Until our defense comes together we will be vulnerable against, TAMU, LSU and Auburn.

Last edited:

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
These early games really only identify the pretenders. If you can't beat the teams that you are supposed to beat, you get eliminated. We will start to see who really belongs at the top soon. For now:

Alabama/Ohio State
LSU
Wisconsin
Georgia
Sooners

Even with their win over Auburn, FL misses my top six. Without a reliable QB, they are not going to beat the teams who have solid QBs, and they face a few in the coming weeks.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.