Worst SEC Officiating Crew

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
Well, this aged well... :rolleyes:

If there is any validity to the Peter Principle, maybe Autrey will be calling NFL games next year.;)

I just hope he doesn't walk out of the tunnel in Atlanta this Saturday. 😖

Last edited:
Reactions: Krymsonman

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
The bigger problem is it's not just Autrey himself, but his entire crew is bad. Maybe if 1 or 2 of them were decent it wouldn't be so bad.
When you had non partisans weighing in on things like the Burton completion/incomplete botched review on social media and former players, coaches and officials asking “why have replay review if you still get it wrong?”, the conference has a major problem. Sankey needs to admit it, and tell the conference head of officiating to “send them packing”.

Reactions: Krymsonman

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
We will never get Marlowe’s crew because he is a UA graduate.
Same with David Smith’s crew. His crew is probably one of the more consistent ones in the conference. And David is as good a person as the day is long.

And I had an Aubie tell me today how awful and biased Steve Shaw was as an official and head of SEC officiating.

Last edited:

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
Same with David Smith’s crew. His crew is probably one of the more consistent ones in the conference. And David is as good a person as the day is long.

And I had an Aubie tell me today how awful and biased Steve Shaw was as an official and head of SEC officiating.
Didn't David Smith call the UT Chattanooga game week before last...?🤔

bamaslammer

All-American
Jan 8, 2003
Argo, AL, St Clair
www.kirkwoodhouse.com
Worst crew? All of them.

If they worked for me they would have been fired LONG ago.

That the SEC continues to employ sub-par refs when the league makes more money than anyone not named Elon is ridiculous.

But leadership is rare now. Most 'leaders' suck.
Unfortunately this is a world wide problem. Generations of people in places of authority and or power primarily due to birthright instead of merit. We hold the man who picks up your garbage to more scrutiny than your average senator or congressman has. Eventually all the bad decisions lead to failure.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.

Latest threads