News Article: Chicago: Man Arrested in Hotel with Scoped Rifle, Multiple Magazines

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Wonder if there's a connection. Could be some 'militia' movement trying to 'get a war started'.

This part is weird "The rifle Casteel possessed did not have a visible serial number."

Wonder if that's the police saying that or just the reporter running with something he witnessed or heard, as that's a federal felony.

He was likely released because he didn't do anything wrong, other than possess firearms in IL without the proper license.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Wonder if there's a connection. Could be some 'militia' movement trying to 'get a war started'.

This part is weird "The rifle Casteel possessed did not have a visible serial number."

Wonder if that's the police saying that or just the reporter running with something he witnessed or heard, as that's a federal felony.

He was likely released because he didn't do anything wrong, other than possess firearms in IL without the proper license.
I think they should have released him - to a secure ward for serious mental evaluation.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
  • Wow
Reactions: seebell

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
  • Thank You
Reactions: 92tide

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
fbi seems to rule out what I was thinking

I read that yesterday and it doesn't make any sense. Why carry all those guns and ammo into a motel that just happens to overlook a crowded area if you aren't planning on using them?

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I read that yesterday and it doesn't make any sense. Why carry all those guns and ammo into a motel that just happens to overlook a crowded area if you aren't planning on using them?
They could be traveling with them, on the way to a hunt, and needed a place to stay.

I mean, you do realize that you're literally surrounded by guns all day every day and don't know it, right?

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
They could be traveling with them, on the way to a hunt, and needed a place to stay.

I mean, you do realize that you're literally surrounded by guns all day every day and don't know it, right?
at least two of them had lengthy criminal records that included felonies. i'm pretty sure possession of weapons by convicted felons is not allowed in colorado.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee

Is this what you think was really happening?

I've only hunted locally and have never carried more than one gun to a hunt and a couple of boxes of shells.

I think these guys were up to no good.

• Thank You
Reactions: B1GTide and 92tide

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Is this what you think was really happening?

I've only hunted locally and have never carried more than one gun to a hunt and a couple of boxes of shells.

I think these guys were up to no good.
I am feeling like the drugs mentioned in the articles are why they had the guns and they were coincidentally near the allstar game but who knows

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.