BREAKING 4 Star QB Eli Holstein Commits to Alabama

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

Patton

1st Team
Nov 10, 2021
Eli Holstein, Zachary, Quarterback (247sports.com)

Huge, huge pick up! I believe he maybe the best QB in this class when its all said and done.
his ceiling is very high and his testing numbers are off the charts.
Welcome Eli.

RTR!!
Totally agree!!...When the geniuses tell you he is Cokor-like?...Just chuckle a little...And I liked Jake!!...Except his delivery and release.This young man Eli Holstein is an ELITE young QB talent and reminds me a whole lot of Andrew Luck at the same age..

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
And in case anyone is wondering where does this leave Alabama with Manning, he is still scheduled to visit Tuscaloosa next month.
Yeah, I doubt he seriously considers us from here on out, but you never know... :unsure:

IMHO, I think that Eli throws a stronger ball than Arch. Eli's balls appear to have a lower trajectory meaning they have a bit more power/velocity to them.

Reactions: sanjosecrimson

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
I just recently (last couple of months) read up on Eli, sounds like a more polished at this age Josh Allen. Super athletic and a cannon for an arm. I have to think the growth spurt last year is the main reason he is lower ranked than others. If he leads his team to another perfect season and puts up good numbers I think he may be a top 3 QB.

Guido

All-SEC
Feb 24, 2017
Totally agree!!...When the geniuses tell you he is Cokor-like?...Just chuckle a little...And I liked Jake!!...Except his delivery and release.This young man Eli Holstein is an ELITE young QB talent and reminds me a whole lot of Andrew Luck at the same age..
I always thought Jake sounded a lot like Elvis.

bamapuppy

1st Team
Mar 28, 2008
Hillsborough, NC
I don't know how he is the 8th rated QB in this class? Show me 7 QB's that are better? Hopefully his rating will go up, especially after the numbers he put up at the Elite 11 competition. RTR!!!!! 🐘🐘🐘
All I care about is how Saban, and his staff rate him. I have heard that CNS staff is better than the recruiting services at rating these young men. If they are happy, then I am happy.

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017
All I care about is how Saban, and his staff rate him. I have heard that CNS staff is better than the recruiting services at rating these young men. If they are happy, then I am happy.
I went back this morning and looked at Ty Simpson's scouting reports that project him to be an eventual high to mid level draft pick in the NFL. Milroe is rated as a late round pick but could improve from there with his God given athleticism.

In this day of free agency maintaining three potential power 5 starters isn't very realistic. It will be interesting to see who stays and who goes in the QB room after this season.

Bamabirdie

Scout Team
Dec 24, 2013
Sunny South Florida
The new/current QB situation looks potentially manageable, especially if Milroe or Simpson get some meaningful snaps this season.
Hard to see also signing Arch….would likely cost us two of the current stable of QBs.

• Thank You
Reactions: UAH

Guido

All-SEC
Feb 24, 2017
Just a hunch, but i think arch wants to go to Texas, different conference, he and sark seem like a good pairing, if this happens he will be successful there, but he's has to be sure because i don't think Dad and Granddad are big fans of the transfer portal.

jjv0004

1st Team
Dec 13, 2017
Greenville, SC
Just a hunch, but i think arch wants to go to Texas, different conference, he and sark seem like a good pairing, if this happens he will be successful there, but he's has to be sure because i don't think Dad and Granddad are big fans of the transfer portal.
Texas will be in the SEC.

• Thank You
Reactions: The Ols

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.