Eli Ricks Arrested-Charge Dismissed by Court

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
I’m a fuddy duddy. I drive 3 miles over the speed limit. And I leave a pretty sizable difference between me and the car ahead.

if I’m in the slow lane and you can smell my armpit you are too close and I will slow down in an attempt to ruin your day.

I’ve seen too many stupid people kill themselves driving. I prefer to go another way.

let me drive my 73-78 and feel free to do your thing.

Obieone42

Sep 26, 2018
I asked a childhood friend that is a cop about the quota thing that everyone says exists. He told me officially there is no quota. Unofficially there is.

I have only had one speeding ticket my whole life. I was 17 and going 80 on a side road near hwy 75 in Blount County. It was the early 90s and I am betting anyone that is familiar with that stretch and is of a certain age can guess the nickname of the state trooper that got me. I had to go to driving school and visit the childrens hospital trauma ward to retain my license.
It wasn't Jimbo, was it???

Isaiah 63:1

All-American
Dec 8, 2005
Probably at 35k or in an airport somewhere
Since we turned this into a discussion about driving...can someone do something about 18 wheelers driving in the passing lane???

If I'm ever elected President, I'll move to make all interstates at least 3 lanes and to make it illegal for trucks to drive in the far left lane!
Add two things to your platform - all public bathroom doors must open outward; and prohibit reverse alarms on trucks and heavy equipment - and you'll get my vote...

mrusso

1st Team
Apr 17, 2006
Since we turned this into a discussion about driving...can someone do something about 18 wheelers driving in the passing lane???

If I'm ever elected President, I'll move to make all interstates at least 3 lanes and to make it illegal for trucks to drive in the far left lane!
My personal favorite...two trucks doing 65mph uphill. Second truck pulls into left lane and speeds up to maybe 66mph to pass. Thanks pal.

mrusso

1st Team
Apr 17, 2006
Yeah I need to get somewhere really fast BEFORE I have an accident.
Which brings up the next thought: if most collisions happen within five miles of home, it would seem to me that folks driving motor homes would constantly be having wrecks….
It works! I moved 25 miles from my last home about 9 years ago. Haven't had an accident since. :D

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL
Add two things to your platform - all public bathroom doors must open outward; and prohibit reverse alarms on trucks and heavy equipment - and you'll get my vote...
I've never asked an architect why they open inward, but have always assumed it's so that you have a better chance keeping the door shut should someone who you don't want in, tries to get it. Also, if you're walking down a line of stalls and someone opens the door outward, they're going to smack you. If they open inward, that can't happen.

Isaiah 63:1

All-American
Dec 8, 2005
Probably at 35k or in an airport somewhere
I've never asked an architect why they open inward, but have always assumed it's so that you have a better chance keeping the door shut should someone who you don't want in, tries to get it. Also, if you're walking down a line of stalls and someone opens the door outward, they're going to smack you. If they open inward, that can't happen.
I'm talking about bathroom doors, not stall doors. It's because of how many people STILL fail to wash their hands before leaving...

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL
I'm talking about bathroom doors, not stall doors. It's because of how many people STILL fail to wash their hands before leaving...
Ahhh, now that makes sense. I wondered why in the world a stall door would be an issue. On the bathroom, that makes sense. I imagine it's a building code requirement since they're always that way, just don't know the why behind in. Grabbing that grubby door pull is always kinda gross.

Reactions: Isaiah 63:1

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Ahhh, now that makes sense. I wondered why in the world a stall door would be an issue. On the bathroom, that makes sense. I imagine it's a building code requirement since they're always that way, just don't know the why behind in. Grabbing that grubby door pull is always kinda gross.
Yes the most restroom doors open out with no door knob for sanitary reasons. Stall doors open inward for accessible issues. Since we are usually fighting for space we need the clearances for wheelchair/disabled people and able bodied people. Can't have someone walking by the stall only to get run into. Safety is a reason as well. However, the HC doors open out unless entry is from the side. Front entry HC stalls are always at the end of a group of stalls.

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
I asked a childhood friend that is a cop about the quota thing that everyone says exists. He told me officially there is no quota. Unofficially there is.

I have only had one speeding ticket my whole life. I was 17 and going 80 on a side road near hwy 75 in Blount County. It was the early 90s and I am betting anyone that is familiar with that stretch and is of a certain age can guess the nickname of the state trooper that got me. I had to go to driving school and visit the childrens hospital trauma ward to retain my license.
Boo Boo.

Reactions: DzynKingRTR

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.