Video: Cheetah package: Braswell/Turner/Anderson on the field

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
It's gonna take more than four games against iffy competition to convince me that the previous four seasons of data were somehow skewed. :)
National defense efficiency rankings
2019 - 10th
2020 - 7th
2021 - 5th
2022 - 5th

I’d say that’s progress.

On the flip, BOB slowing down the tempo has likely helped as well.

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007
It's gonna take more than four games against iffy competition to convince me that the previous four seasons of data were somehow skewed. :)
Here are Alabama's F+ (Combine Bill Connelly's SP+ & Brian Fremeau's FEI ratings), tempo & opponent adjusted) rankings for 2018-2021 and this year's current ranking, I.e., essentially Golding's tenure, though 2018 is fuzzy.

2022 3rd (1 Iowa, 2 UGA, Alabama close behind)
2021 6th
2020 8th
2019 3rd
2018 4th

So, according to these stats Bama's D has been consistently good, relatively speaking, during Golding's time.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Here are Alabama's F+ (Combine Bill Connelly's SP+ & Brian Fremeau's FEI ratings), tempo & opponent adjusted) rankings for 2018-2021 and this year's current ranking, I.e., essentially Golding's tenure, though 2018 is fuzzy.

2022 3rd (1 Iowa, 2 UGA, Alabama close behind)
2021 6th
2020 8th
2019 3rd
2018 4th

So, according to these stats Bama's D has been consistently good, relatively speaking, during Golding's time.
Stats are great and all (I post stats all the time), but my eyes tell me what I need to know here.

Ledsteplin

Hall of Fame
Nov 20, 2013
Florence, Alabama
When asked if he considers himself hateful on the field, Will Anderson said, “Yeah, I do (consider myself hateful on the field). I tell people all the time. The audacity for the other team to even step on the field is disrespectful to me. I tell people that all the time.”

I'm glad I don't have to look across the line of scrimmage at him!

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
When asked if he considers himself hateful on the field, Will Anderson said, “Yeah, I do (consider myself hateful on the field). I tell people all the time. The audacity for the other team to even step on the field is disrespectful to me. I tell people that all the time.”

I'm glad I don't have to look across the line of scrimmage at him!
I love Will. But he keeps adding pressure to perform on himself.

He’s sort of caught up in the Will Anderson Jr Hype Machine.

I almost wish he could tone it down a bit.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I'm not worried about Will.. he'll figure it out. He now has Braswell/Turner and they can take the pressure off him.

I don't think Golding defense hasn't been that bad. Just lot of stupid calls here and there. That's Bama identify. We've seen that with Kirby and Jeremy. Golding defense is definitely aggressive and We're now seeing what his defense can do.

Ledsteplin

Hall of Fame
Nov 20, 2013
Florence, Alabama
I love Will. But he keeps adding pressure to perform on himself.

He’s sort of caught up in the Will Anderson Jr Hype Machine.

I almost wish he could tone it down a bit.
You may be right. But I think he's just having fun. He seems to have a lot of confidence. No clue if he's under any undue pressure or not. Could be.

Reactions: CoolBreeze

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
You may be right. But I think he's just having fun. He seems to have a lot of confidence. No clue if he's under any undue pressure or not. Could be.
There is not outside pressure that supplant the pressure he puts on himself. That is why dude is such a dog.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I really, really, really hope it keeps up.
Given our schedule... Arkansas and TAMU will give us an idea of how much our defense has improved. Given how bad Akansas is with pass defense... and their Offense... I think they will put up 21-28 points.

TAMU barely can get 10 points, but their defense is real good. So we might get 28 points on them.

Tennessee is one i'm more concerned about.

Reactions: B1GTide

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
... did you have a momentary surge of aixelsyd?

:sneaky:
Hahaha, my best friend while I was at UA was from Selma - we'd go to his parents' house about once/month to stock up on supplies. They were originally from Texas and his mom had these wooden letters spelling it out in her bay window above the kitchen sink. We would always re-arrange them to sexat because it annoyed her (she was fun to mess with, took it in stride).

So whenever I type it it's either 'texas' or 'sexat', always all lower-case.

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
Hahaha, my best friend while I was at UA was from Selma - we'd go to his parents' house about once/month to stock up on supplies. They were originally from Texas and his mom had these wooden letters spelling it out in her bay window above the kitchen sink. We would always re-arrange them to sexat because it annoyed her (she was fun to mess with, took it in stride).

So whenever I type it it's either 'texas' or 'sexat', always all lower-case.
Or if you really want to have fun with them, my Oklahoma co-worker calls them "Tejas"

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.