Bama Game Thread: OFFICIAL POSTGAME THREAD - Bama vs. The Hogs...

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
I think Saban will say all week that playing Bryce will be a game time decision to not tip off Jimbo. TAMU must come up with two defensive game plans now since they don't know if they will see an aerial assault with Young or a ground and pound with Milroe.
Totally ok with this. It is no problem to me to not know. I expect us to win handily with either or both or all 3 QBs in the mix.

Reactions: CoolBreeze

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
I think Saban will say all week that playing Bryce will be a game time decision to not tip off Jimbo. TAMU must come up with two defensive game plans now since they don't know if they will see an aerial assault with Young or a ground and pound with Milroe.
True. And, if Bryce does not play at all next week, Saban will say the same thing for Tennessee game week and then TN will need to prep for both Jalen and Bryce. I think we can beat Texas AM without Bryce.. he should rest his shoulder to be completely healed for TN game. I'd like to see Milroe and maybe Simpson get experience next week (especially Simpson in the 4th quarter if we have a good lead). This will be a game where Saban will probably allow the offense to score as many points as possible and not take a knee. lol. RTR!

STONECOLDSABAN

All-American
Sep 21, 2007
Mobile, AL
I agree that Milroe didn't look like much throwing the ball but we didn't game plan to have him at QB and he wasn't taking first team reps all week.

It's reasonable to believe he'll be improved with a full week of practice as the guy (if needed) and with the game plan revolving around his skill set.

Hopefully Bryce is good to go and we don't amhave to worry about it but if we do i think we should expect at least slightly better play as a passer from Milroe
Agreed…go back and look at mac jones In the 2019 Tennessee game when he didn’t know he was going in vs 2019 arky when he had a week to prepare. I am not comparing jalen and mac it’s just different when you get thrown in vs knowing your the guy coming up.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
A very flawed team, but good enough for a #1 ranking in both polls. I don’t understand why Georgia did not drop more. They have issues.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
I'm mainly concerned about the QB situation going forward due to the OC/QB Coaching or lack of it with BoB.

I have very little faith that he can Maximize or even Utilize Jalen's talents fully.

Jalen CAN throw the ball. No not as well or as accurate as Bryce sure but that is to be expected since Bryce is a Top 2 NFL Level pick at QB.

But we can't treat Jalen like a RB back there and expect for him to develop further or for our Offense to work like it will need to against better competition later in the schedule.

Kiffin or Sark would get SO MUCH more out of this Offense.

Just imagine what Lane could do with Jalen...we've already seen him turn Blake Sims into an All-SEC QB.

Sark would also be great at tailoring the playbook to the type of throws that Jalen is best at.

Oh and my goodness what they would do with Gibbs.

I'm making a bit deal out of it because it is a big deal. Bryce could be out for 2-4 weeks at least before he fully heals from an AC Joint Sprain....and if he plays sooner he'll be less than 100% for the remainder of the season because he didn't let it heal and risk more damage.

We are more than likely going to need Jalen at QB going forward either way until Bryce's situation is cleared up.

Jmo but we won't get to the SECCG undefeated if BoB is running a 'Wild Elephant' offense with 2 'RBs' in the Backfield.

And yes I know we scored a lot of points after Bryce went out and some can credit BoB with that if they want but imo that was Jalen and Gibbs turning Vanilla playcalling into something Electric solely because they were the 2 most Talented skill players in the game yesterday.

I'm not trying to be an Eeyore about it....But I'm concerned.

tmaxam99

Suspended until 2024
Nov 15, 2009
With the performance of the defense giving up 26 points. Mainly the breakdown in the third qtr. Is it time to give Pete Golding the pink slip this week?

• Facepalm
Reactions: BamaInBham

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Out of curiosity, do you think Milroe would be starting at any other SEC school right now? Is he a backup wherever he is, or would he be a starter at some places? Also, "dead in the water" feels a little extreme. Not sure BOB has proven he can do it, but it would seem some play callers could find a way to scheme around his weaknesses, at least to the point that he's not dead in the water.
Depends on the school and the style of offense they were running. The reason I don't think "dead in the water" is extreme is because he's not even close to being on the same level as Jalen Hurts, and within one game of the LSU game, the rest of the SEC defenses had adjusted to force Jalen to "dribble left-handed" and our offense struggled mightily.

Danielson announced to the world that Bill O'Brien told him in the coach's meeting that Milroe "cannot throw to the outside", and throwing over the middle is harder. I'm not saying Milroe will not eventually become a very good passer. He's not one right now.

Reactions: tideindc

Ledsteplin

Hall of Fame
Nov 20, 2013
Florence, Alabama
With the performance of the defense giving up 26 points. Mainly the breakdown in the third qtr. Is it time to give Pete Golding the pink slip this week?
No, Golding is doing fine. The defense didn't give up 26 points. A lot of that was miscues on the special teams, that led to scores. Prior to this game, the defense was averaging giving up less than 8 points per game. And you're ready to kick him out. SMH

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Depends on the school and the style of offense they were running. The reason I don't think "dead in the water" is extreme is because he's not even close to being on the same level as Jalen Hurts, and within one game of the LSU game, the rest of the SEC defenses had adjusted to force Jalen to "dribble left-handed" and our offense struggled mightily.

Danielson announced to the world that Bill O'Brien told him in the coach's meeting that Milroe "cannot throw to the outside", and throwing over the middle is harder. I'm not saying Milroe will not eventually become a very good passer. He's not one right now.
I do not think that BoB said that, but if he did he should be fired. No coach worth a spit would undermine the confidence of his players by saying something like that to the media.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.