2022 elections thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulD

All-SEC
Dec 29, 2006
near Perry, Georgia, United States
Saw on the State of Georgia site that our absentee ballots have been accepted.

Houston County, where I live, like the other Republican counties, didn’t add the optional weekend early voting days. The law requires the five days this week, so our county only opened one site at the county seat some miles from where most of the county’s black voters live. When I dropped off the ballots yesterday at that location, it was crowded with a lot of people of color there.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Saw on the State of Georgia site that our absentee ballots have been accepted.

Houston County, where I live, like the other Republican counties, didn’t add the optional weekend early voting days. The law requires the five days this week, so our county only opened one site at the county seat some miles from where most of the county’s black voters live. When I dropped off the ballots yesterday at that location, it was crowded with a lot of people of color there.
but our guvnuh said that sb202 expanded voting rights and access for everyone

Reactions: Jon

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
Today is probably going to be a S show at a lot of polling places. GA has set daily records for runoff early voting, but the GOP rule changes are having the desired effect. Despite the records, shortening the runoff voting period has reduced the number of early voters by somewhere in the 500000-1000000 voter range depending on how you count it. Polls are going to be packed today.

Reactions: 92tide

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Today is probably going to be a S show at a lot of polling places. GA has set daily records for runoff early voting, but the GOP rule changes are having the desired effect. Despite the records, shortening the runoff voting period has reduced the number of early voters by somewhere in the 500000-1000000 voter range depending on how you count it. Polls are going to be packed today.
and the weather and traffic this morning are awful

• Sad
Reactions: Go Bama

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
I'm tired of the texts as well and I DO NOT LIVE IN GA!!!

I have gotten 4 just today, 1 from Warnock and 3 from Walker. One of the Walker ones was "from" DeSantis urging me to go vote for Walker.

I bet I'm on a GA list somewhere because I shopped at Ikea and a couple Walmarts and Targets in ATL. Maybe the Braves sold my info.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I'm tired of the texts as well and I DO NOT LIVE IN GA!!!

I have gotten 4 just today, 1 from Warnock and 3 from Walker. One of the Walker ones was "from" DeSantis urging me to go vote for Walker.

I bet I'm on a GA list somewhere because I shopped at Ikea and a couple Walmarts and Targets in ATL. Maybe the Braves sold my info.
Same thing here. Mine mostly ask for money. The last one was from Warnock. Years ago, I made the mistake of making a small contribution to a VA congressional race, in the county where my daughter lived. That started the flood...

Reactions: UAH

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
Same thing here. Mine mostly ask for money. The last one was from Warnock. Years ago, I made the mistake of making a small contribution to a VA congressional race, in the county where my daughter lived. That started the flood...
I get emails and texts. All ask for money. Sometimes they make a compelling argument, otherwise it's an aggravation.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
que'

warnock's been running ahead all evening. it ain't over yet, but he's in the catbird seat

And here’s why Wasserman et al feel confident in their calls. Networks may not project until more of DeKalb/Fulton/Gwinnett come in. But it would take a turnout collapse in those areas for Walker to prevail. #gapol #gasen

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
nice

Status
Not open for further replies.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.