BREAKING Early Signing Day Thread - 12.21.22

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Heard an interesting stat today; of the last 100 Alabama signees, 42 went to the portal.
Interesting but not really surprising; Bama’s third string could start at many colleges. After they’ve been 3 for a year or two a can’t miss who plays their position joins the team. They want to play, not ride the pine.
What would surprise me would be if more than 10 of them (not counting troublemakers) had played any meaningful reps in their time at Bama. Better off without the bad seeds and malcontents.
Can’t fault them for wanting to play, but if they were working as hard as they could at Bama and still couldn’t get a shot, no one should be sad to see them go.

CrimSonami

All-American
Jul 17, 2011
Ardmore, AL; too close to 10erC
Heard an interesting stat today; of the last 100 Alabama signees, 42 went to the portal.
Okay, but what percentage of that 42 were encouraged to do so?
How many did so because they didn't want competition for playing time?
How many did so because they wouldn't buy in?

Some of these, from my angle, are justified. The portal is just a part of the CFB world now. I don't particularly like it, but it is and it's not likely to change.

Reactions: REDSEA and Padreruf

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
Okay, but what percentage of that 42 were encouraged to do so?
How many did so because they didn't want competition for playing time?
How many did so because they wouldn't buy in?

Some of these, from my angle, are justified. The portal is just a part of the CFB world now. I don't particularly like it, but it is and it's not likely to change.
You are correct...the last 100 covers 4 classes...42 is about 10 per class which is NORMAL ATTRITION if you look at CFB over the last 25 years. ... It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

bamafaninbham

All-SEC
Jul 19, 2004
Homewood
I know the numbers will always balance in the end because Saban is the master at that. But how many more high school recruits and/or transfers can we take at the moment? Anyone in the know have an idea?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.