2019 MLB playoffs thread

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Four teams had a chance to clinch and only the Yankees took care of business. I wonder how many of the other three will make it through.
Stros will win today.

When I lived in Nebraska, I would go to a lot of KC Royals game. So I saw all of those games with Hosmer, Moose, and Cain before they had that 2 year reign of terror. But when they had Grienke, he was always good when the royals werent on a streak, but when they were on a streak of 5-6 he would lose. Same thing with the Brewers. Grienke basically got a Cy Young because he had 0 pressure. But when the pressure is on, Grienke is bad.

I still think the Stros win it all, but they are going to have to play Grienke on the throw away games and not on pivotal games.

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007
It may be that pulling for a state of Ga team is the real issue, with Herschel Walker and the Braves providing momentary relief. But what do you expect from a penal colony? I guess Oglethorpe started the fire, then Sherman fanned the flames. Wonder what 92T has to say? Probably just drooling and laughing.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
The Trop is basically the old Metrodome field wise although the exterior is substantially different. Probably stands to reason as the Met opened in 82 and the plans for St Pete were drawn up in 83.

Went to a game there the day we lost to Ole Miss in 2015. Seats were comfortable but not my idea of a thrill.

Now....PNC Park on the other hand....

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
The Trop is basically the old Metrodome field wise although the exterior is substantially different. Probably stands to reason as the Met opened in 82 and the plans for St Pete were drawn up in 83.

Went to a game there the day we lost to Ole Miss in 2015. Seats were comfortable but not my idea of a thrill.

Now....PNC Park on the other hand....
The (current) stadiums Ive been to are:

1) Target Field- beautiful skyline and very modern stadium.

2) Suntrust- Im still more of a fan of Turner, but this is still really nice

3) Kauffman- lots of great parking, fun atmosphere, but the stadium rally needs more renovations than just the fountains

4) Nationals Park- total dump with hardly any real baseball fans. The area it is in is nice, but the atmosphere and how that stadium is built is horrible

So no I haven't been to Tampa's stadium, but with the Dodgers, Braves, and Nationals you would have to feel that there are going to be a lot of for sure homers hitting those catwalks, and just resulting in wasted time and ground rule doubles like it did in the last WS they hosted.

Ive heard PNC and SF's ballpark are the two best in the MLB.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
The (current) stadiums Ive been to are:

1) Target Field- beautiful skyline and very modern stadium.

2) Suntrust- Im still more of a fan of Turner, but this is still really nice

3) Kauffman- lots of great parking, fun atmosphere, but the stadium rally needs more renovations than just the fountains

4) Nationals Park- total dump with hardly any real baseball fans. The area it is in is nice, but the atmosphere and how that stadium is built is horrible

So no I haven't been to Tampa's stadium, but with the Dodgers, Braves, and Nationals you would have to feel that there are going to be a lot of for sure homers hitting those catwalks, and just resulting in wasted time and ground rule doubles like it did in the last WS they hosted.

Ive heard PNC and SF's ballpark are the two best in the MLB.

I agree totally on Target Field....though as snow is encroaching on the state this week, it's a good thing the Twins lost.

Places I've Been

Atlanta Fulton County - just a stadium
Turner Field - it was okay, but boy did you seem far away from the field
Oakland-Alameda - the worst aspects of the above two stadiums
The Trop - just an ole ballpark
Globe Life (Rangers) - was in fact at the finale two weeks ago; serviceable, adequate, hotter than hell in the summer time
Busch - went twice, overall good experience (sports bars across from the stadium are becoming the norm some places)

Fenway - it was built during the Taft administration; the ballgame experience is great but the park itself is incredibly overrated. Some of the seats are looking into foul territory as opposed to the field (so you look crossways). Seats are also incredibly small and built for the world of 1912.

PNC Park - that absolute best; the scenery changes every inning during a summer game with the sun setting, and the Clemente Bridge is something totally different - like the Grand Canyon, you have to actually see it (yes it looks nice on TV but far better in person).

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
The truth hurts sometimes.
My first Braves game was in 1977.

I thought when we began 13-0 in 1982 that the Braves had turned the corner.
Almost another decade goes by before that magical and wonderful 1991

Unfortunately, with the exception of the strike shortened 1995 title.......the Braves are the ultimate disappointment.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I agree totally on Target Field....though as snow is encroaching on the state this week, it's a good thing the Twins lost.

Places I've Been

Atlanta Fulton County - just a stadium
Turner Field - it was okay, but boy did you seem far away from the field
Oakland-Alameda - the worst aspects of the above two stadiums
The Trop - just an ole ballpark
Globe Life (Rangers) - was in fact at the finale two weeks ago; serviceable, adequate, hotter than hell in the summer time
Busch - went twice, overall good experience (sports bars across from the stadium are becoming the norm some places)

Fenway - it was built during the Taft administration; the ballgame experience is great but the park itself is incredibly overrated. Some of the seats are looking into foul territory as opposed to the field (so you look crossways). Seats are also incredibly small and built for the world of 1912.

PNC Park - that absolute best; the scenery changes every inning during a summer game with the sun setting, and the Clemente Bridge is something totally different - like the Grand Canyon, you have to actually see it (yes it looks nice on TV but far better in person).
Im going to get Yankee and Citi off my list next year, Ive heard they are really nice ball parks. Probably go to a Mets-Braves series in a week that the Yankees come back to town.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
It isn't an expectation, it is direct knowledge.
My thought is that the National East titles the last two years have been more like “gifts”. The Mets haven’t been able to get out of their own way and the Nats would have been toe to toe with them until the end had it not been for that horrid start to the season. And one would have expected better from the Phillies after the Bryce Harper deal.

Next year the Braves will not have the luxury of playing “Russian roulette” with the bullpen and pitching rotation like they did this year. If they do that, they could be buried so deep by the all star break it won’t matter.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.