2021 Prospect: 2021 Recruiting Targets

Status
Not open for further replies.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
I understood it as Saban told him to wait till they changed the rule. He might still be waiting on the sec to change its rule about inter conference transfers like the other leagues are
It appears you are correct that the SEC has not adopted the rule change as the other leagues have (June). Here is a Rivals article about Henry. Appears Farrell was expecting him to commit to OSU this week but it has not happened and it appears nobody really knows where he will end up.

• Thank You
Reactions: The Ols

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
It appears you are correct that the SEC has not adopted the rule change as the other leagues have (June). Here is a Rivals article about Henry. Appears Farrell was expecting him to commit to OSU this week but it has not happened and it appears nobody really knows where he will end up.

I think he wants to come here and is waiting for the rule change, or at least until a ruling before signing w/tOSU.
Otherwise, wouldn’t he have signed and enrolled in Columbus last week as was widely thought to happen?

Reactions: TiderJack

buckeyeFB_

3rd Team
Jun 24, 2019
I think he wants to come here and is waiting for the rule change, or at least until a ruling before signing w/tOSU.
Otherwise, wouldn’t he have signed and enrolled in Columbus last week as was widely thought to happen?
I kinda feel the same way.

I will say I do pay for a couple different premium content sites for Ohio State football, and the insiders on those sites still feel that T'oot'oo will end up at OSU, but this one just feels different. Despite all of the confidence from OSU recruiting analysts over the last 10ish days or so, there was ONE OSU recruiting analyst who remained firm on his belief that T'oot'oo would end up at Bama, and it's definitely starting to look like he may be right about this one.

Reactions: The Ols

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
I kinda feel the same way.

I will say I do pay for a couple different premium content sites for Ohio State football, and the insiders on those sites still feel that T'oot'oo will end up at OSU, but this one just feels different. Despite all of the confidence from OSU recruiting analysts over the last 10ish days or so, there was ONE OSU recruiting analyst who remained firm on his belief that T'oot'oo would end up at Bama, and it's definitely starting to look like he may be right about this one.
What`s the hurry for him if he REALLY wants to go to Alabama and CNS has told him that he has a slot regardless? I can`t see the SEC putting itself at a disadvantage to other conferences ? Makes no sense that I know of to do that.

jjv0004

1st Team
Dec 13, 2017
Greenville, SC
I cannot remember where I saw it now but the SEC was waiting until June to vote on transfer rule. My impression is that they will vote to not allow players to transfer within conference without sitting out a year. They don't want the wild west in the conference.

buckeyeFB_

3rd Team
Jun 24, 2019
What`s the hurry for him if he REALLY wants to go to Alabama and CNS has told him that he has a slot regardless? I can`t see the SEC putting itself at a disadvantage to other conferences ? Makes no sense that I know of to do that.
I agree with what you're saying.

I've always felt that the players should have more freedom (in terms of transfers, NIL, etc.) and I believe every player should always have the freedom to do what they think is best for them.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
I cannot remember where I saw it now but the SEC was waiting until June to vote on transfer rule. My impression is that they will vote to not allow players to transfer within conference without sitting out a year. They don't want the wild west in the conference.
That should ensure that anybody desiring to transfer almost automatically heads out of conference , that would seem obvious.

RiverTide

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 31, 2019
I would be pleasantly surprised if it was JTT. His family seems adamant that his decision will come after visiting all of the final schools. I don’t see any visits on his 247 recruiting profile, but who knows with recruiting.

Joefus

1st Team
Jan 3, 2021
I wonder if we can pull JTT. I know they are gonna wait till they visit all the schools but I can’t imagine there being that much difference in the cities or schools or facilities. Probably boils down to which coaches he likes more and if he wants to play DE or jack LB

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
I learned long ago not to worry about numbers of scholarships so long as Saban is in charge. But it would appear that there will be several more of ours entering the portal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.