2023 SEC Media Days

Windsortide

All-American
Nov 11, 2019
Clemson won 2 out 3 NC and they were the new standard and CNS was losing his grip on CFB 🙄

Georgia wins 2 straight NCs and now they’re the new standard and CNS best days are behind him 🥱

But what everyone fails to mention is the fact that complacency kills! Just look at 2013 Alabama. Georgia’s biggest enemy is no longer who’s on the schedule but complacency. You lose a 3-yr starter at QB, multiple draft picks on the defensive side, and while Georgia fans can say, “oh plug and play” they also have to take into account the level of hunger and maturity that’s in that locker room.

If them dudes show up on Saturdays thinking everyone is going to lay down for them, especially the younger guys who have watched for the last two years the level of dominance, then I will assuredly promise you, somebody is going to knock them off before the SECCG. Kirby knows this and if you’ll just look at the off the feild issues that keep coming up, there’s a level of complacency that exists and if they don’t have mature leadership, in which I suspect, there will be NO THREE PEAT.
UGA is breaking in a new QB and their run game has not been as explosive as it has been in recent years. Schedule is a walk but hopefully we get a chance to do something about it.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Clemson won 2 out 3 NC and they were the new standard and CNS was losing his grip on CFB 🙄

Georgia wins 2 straight NCs and now they’re the new standard and CNS best days are behind him 🥱

But what everyone fails to mention is the fact that complacency kills! Just look at 2013 Alabama. Georgia’s biggest enemy is no longer who’s on the schedule but complacency. You lose a 3-yr starter at QB, multiple draft picks on the defensive side, and while Georgia fans can say, “oh plug and play” they also have to take into account the level of hunger and maturity that’s in that locker room.

If them dudes show up on Saturdays thinking everyone is going to lay down for them, especially the younger guys who have watched for the last two years the level of dominance, then I will assuredly promise you, somebody is going to knock them off before the SECCG. Kirby knows this and if you’ll just look at the off the feild issues that keep coming up, there’s a level of complacency that exists and if they don’t have mature leadership, in which I suspect, there will be NO THREE PEAT.
If the GOAT couldn't do it in 2013, can Kirby in 2023?

Look, we all know it takes playing some great ball, getting some really good breaks (luck is involved), coaching that pulls the right strings, etc. to win championships. It takes that to do it two times in a row.

But there's a reason this hasn't been pulled off in decades and it's not because there haven't been great teams and great coaches.

So you nail it...complacency is undefeated and she's got Georgia in the crosshairs this year!

STONECOLDSABAN

All-American
Sep 21, 2007
Mobile, AL
I need to hunt down the Mcelory and Cubelic podcast where GMAC had a caller say he was concerned that alabama is too young this year. Gmac pointed out that Bama wasn't as young as a lot of the media and fans think they are. And threw out a lot of names. Not a veteran laden team but not 2014 young. I think they can win a national title this year. I will say, depending on the draft and transfer portal, I think Alabama could potentially have a absolute monster of a team in 2024.

BearFoot

All-SEC
Mar 12, 2017
Fairhope, Alabama

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
IMO he's 100% wanting to replace CNS when he retires.
It's what I think too, but I do think he genuinely appreciates CNS for what he did for his coaching career and I think he believes he's truly the GOAT.

And think about it. He's got a good gig at OM, but he's been to the promise land and he knows the potential.

And to be honest, if we had to replace CNS today, the list is very short and I think he'd surely be on it.

Power Eye

All-SEC
Aug 3, 2005
It's what I think too, but I do think he genuinely appreciates CNS for what he did for his coaching career and I think he believes he's truly the GOAT.

And think about it. He's got a good gig at OM, but he's been to the promise land and he knows the potential.

And to be honest, if we had to replace CNS today, the list is very short and I think he'd surely be on it.
I definitely think he is positioning himself for the job, but I would want to see a little more on-field results….just not at our expense. And, dude, buy a brush. He’s looking like Doc Brown.

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017
I have never been overly impressed with Mike BoBo either.
I only recall when he was head coach at Colorado State he came into Tuscaloosa in 2017 and had some pretty good numbers offensively putting up 23 points on the eventual national champions.

STONECOLDSABAN

All-American
Sep 21, 2007
Mobile, AL
I only recall when he was head coach at Colorado State he came into Tuscaloosa in 2017 and had some pretty good numbers offensively putting up 23 points on the eventual national champions.
Points are points but his Play calling leaves something to be desired and I think he is a step down from Monken.

Last edited:

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Everything you said....plus...Ironically, the no-good walkon QB that nobody but a Georgia fan can stand, was pretty good on the college level with the talent he had around him.

I think they might have more trouble replacing him than some Georgia fans think.
I guess you have not heard, kirby owns the SEC now.

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
The problem with comparing 2013 Bama to 2023 UGA is the lack of the 4 team playoffs in 2013. If the playoffs existed back then, Bama is in and likely wins the whole thing.

The bottom line is UGA is going to literally WALTZ into the playoffs this year. Even with their pathetic schedule, if they lose in Atlanta, they’ll still be in. Deservedly so, or not, they’ll be in the playoffs.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.