2024 Braves Trades and Acquisitions

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA
We really have the best player in the league for pretty cheap.
And if players were smart, they would negotiate contracts in a way that the organization could build a great team and not just have a few superstars. Too many times, I’ve seen clubs sign stars to big contracts and then on down the road, the team withers as funds dry up and the rosters has to be downsized.

Reactions: B1GTide

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
I know y’all disagree and I know his stats. I don’t think he’s worth 70 mil a year so, I’m glad the Braves didn’t spend that kind of money on 1 guy.

If we have 70 a year to blow, go find 2 or 3 elite starters, which is what this team really needs.

Reactions: BamaInBham

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
I know y’all disagree and I know his stats. I don’t think he’s worth 70 mil a year so, I’m glad the Braves didn’t spend that kind of money on 1 guy.

If we have 70 a year to blow, go find 2 or 3 elite starters, which is what this team really needs.
They paid way too much for a DH. Having said that there is no elite starter left. Braves will be in the exact same position next post season.

Reactions: tusks_n_raider

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

I don't think he will be getting paid in such a way that he will impact the annual payroll at anywhere near $70MM. We have not seen any details, but reports suggest that most of his contract is deferred compensation. Reports say that this was his idea, because he wanted the team to be able to continue to sign other great players. He wants to win.

Reactions: tusks_n_raider

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
I don't think he will be getting paid in such a way that he will impact the annual payroll at anywhere near $70MM. We have not seen any details, but reports suggest that most of his contract is deferred compensation. Reports say that this was his idea, because he wanted the team to be able to continue to sign other great players. He wants to win.
Then maybe he should have signed with a team that actually does win things?

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Ohtani’s contract calls for $2 million a year for 10 years. The additional $680 will be in deferred payments from 2034 to 2043.

Reactions: B1GTide

BhamToTexas

All-SEC
Dec 25, 2020
Ohtani’s contract calls for $2 million a year for 10 years. The additional $680 will be in deferred payments from 2034 to 2043.
Seems to me that this should not be legal. I thought they were trying to get away from these types of contracts. Is that only the NHL? I may not be remembering correctly.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.

Latest threads