2024 Recruiting: 2024 Recruiting Targets

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
Thaaaaat`s it !! I wonder who we might be trying to buy right now (?). It absolutely sucks but that`s what the game has devolved into. Be willing to get in the bidding wars or get left behind.
I don't think Alabama/Saban are into bidding wars for kids as long as Bama is winning consistently and not necessarily playing the NC every year, but at least contend for it will continued to attract talented kids who love tradition, history, and SEC football. Auburn has nothing to offer at this point other than $, early playing time, and the SEC schedule.

Tidelines

All-American
Oct 19, 2022
It sure does, but development is still key. Look at Texas a&m with all those 5 stars. The problem with most 5 stars is they rarely have the patience and maturity to wait their turn, understand schemes, get develop and coach up before their ego and highly involved parents/ handlers get in their heads. That's why CNS is the GOAT. we talked about what's he accomplished on the field, but what makes him truly special is his amazing skill to not only attract talented players but to keep the majority of them on the roster until they're ready to make an impact. Jimbo sure couldn't do it and I'm not holding my breath on the reverend.
That is a good point.

Reactions: The Ols

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I think the wins against AU and GA are huge.

At this point in CNS's career, any "perceived" weakness will be exploited by rival recruiters.

I think the win over AU with some of the in-state battles will help us, perception-wise, as continuing our state reign, but the win over GA is even bigger because it suggests Bama and CNS aren't done and Georgia hasn't replaced Bama as the SEC King. The 2 year perception has been canceled!

If we win the NC, this point goes even further!

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
I don't think Alabama/Saban are into bidding wars for kids as long as Bama is winning consistently and not necessarily playing the NC every year, but at least contend for it will continued to attract talented kids who love tradition, history, and SEC football. Auburn has nothing to offer at this point other than $, early playing time, and the SEC schedule.
You`re probably right, I hope you are. Color me cynical if you will, but I have trouble placing faith in today`s youth`s appreciation for " tradition, history, and SEC football ", particularly when those admirable and somewhat altruistic values are going up against multi-million dollar deals in some cases. One of those things I would love to be wrong about! I`m just a crotchety old man, though!

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
Agree and after watching 5 stars and highly touted players not panning out or transferring in the portal era, I don't get worked up too much about recuiting like I did before. Alabama has a stellar record under Saban of developing and coaching up players to fit our system. Our accomplishments, accolades and conference/ national championship speak for themselves. No one in the country can match Alabama in terms of winning consistently and hauling in the big prize for the last 17 years! If parents and kids can't see what's been going in Tuscaloosa for almost 2 decades, I don't know what to tell you.
I'm willing to bet Saban cleans up in the portal as well.....................while people like Dabo go backwards

Reactions: smith5753

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.

Latest threads