BREAKING 2025 4 * LB Abduall Sanders Jr. Commits

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
"Sanders really stood out at Miami Battle in January a 7v7 tourney full of talent. He was a space eater, he was tenacious, short-area burst and instincts.

On film he's very physical, he loves hitting. I think he can be a pass rusher when asked from the second level. I think he can be disruptive in passing lanes. I think he's smart. I like the way this LB class is coming together."

-Steve Wilfong

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
"Sanders really stood out at Miami Battle in January a 7v7 tourney full of talent. He was a space eater, he was tenacious, short-area burst and instincts.

On film he's very physical, he loves hitting. I think he can be a pass rusher when asked from the second level. I think he can be disruptive in passing lanes. I think he's smart. I like the way this LB class is coming together."

-Steve Wilfong
Speaking of film, here is his junior highlights. Deboer and staff are going after athletic speed guys on defense/LB. As Poke said any Mater Dei players are welcome. We had a great one at QB a couple of years ago. RTR and welcome Abduall.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Speaking of film, here is his junior highlights. Deboer and staff are going after athletic speed guys on defense/LB. As Poke said any Mater Dei players are welcome. We had a great one at QB a couple of years ago. RTR and welcome Abduall.

You can do more with these types of players. You're seeing this same concept in baseball as well. You can't coach athleticism and speed, but you can coach fundamentals of the sport.

JohnD

1st Team
Dec 22, 2003

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
Yet he's ranked 162 overall. Sounds like ESPN does not place much value in ILB's.
ESPN still separates ILB and OLB and doesn't use an edge designation, so honestly I don't view them as meaningful when looking at these players. There are around 8 'OLBs' on ESPN rated higher than the top ILB, yet almost all those guys are going to play the same spot in college. A couple OLBs will slide to edge, but ESPN calls a lot of those guys DEs also...

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
Yet he's ranked 162 overall. Sounds like ESPN does not place much value in ILB's.
got curious so dug into it. There are 18 OLBs rated higher than Sanders. 3 of them are 'bama commits, and he's rated the same as the 4th bama commit on the OLB list. 1 of them is definitely an edge guy. Merritt is possibly/likely and edge guy but is kinda in between. 1 is absolutely an off-ball backer as is the guy Sanders is tied with. Best guess is that if the lists were merged and then the edge guys pulled out, he'd probably still be a top-20ish or so off-ball 'backer. Both on3 and 247 rate that way so once they re-eval him it'll likely be a better view.

• Thank You
Reactions: FaninLA and JohnD

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.

Latest threads