Link: 2025 Recruiting Targets

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
I'm not sure that's true. Our two likely ILB starters are just 230, so they aren't the massive guys of the early saban style and we haven't had that style in a long time. Foster's best year he was just 220.

USA starters last year were 225 and 228. Assuming just a small size increase because we're just going to have bigger/stronger/faster guys than USA means we're still likely looking at guys in the 230-235 range.

Since it's very similar to the UW system also, looking at their 2 deep from last year the ILBs were 236, 240, 237 and 226.

I do wonder if some of them might get looks at the S and SS spots. UWs starter at ss was 220, and 'husky' was 210 so that could be a fit for some of these guys who are only in the 200 range now.
I think they will bring them in and see who responds to the weight training and keep those guys at linebacker, and move the quick guys to the secondary.

My concern will be Georgia and if those guys can get off, or go around the offensive line.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Dijon Lee, Mission Viejo, Cornerback (247sports.com)

Dijon Lee is in Tuscaloosa for another unofficial visit. This is his second UOV, the first one was last month. Lee has an OV on June 21st. keep an eye on this one.
We are in real good shape on Lee. Washington was his leader before Deboer took the Bama job and two UOV is telling from a west coast kid. You got to like his 6' 3" height for a DB. If we were to get a commitment from him he would currently be our highest rated player.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
The recruiting hasn't shown any signs of a dropoff. The first signing window of the 2025 class is 7 1/2 months away and currently we're either ranked 7th or 8th with a lot of slots to be filled. Other recruiting guys are basically saying the same thing in that CKD is doing just fine even for Bama standards. The 5*'s will come but we're (or anyone) not going to get 6-7 5* star players in a class. I don't think even Saban did that. If we get three to five 5*'s we've probably had an outstanding class.

Last edited:

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Cali DL Josiah Sharma visited for A-day and is very interested in Bama. He was a one time Washington commit. Offer list is impressive.

"I met with Freddie Roach, Courtney (Morgan, Alabama's general manager), Chap (Josh Chapman) and all the defensive line coaches," said Sharma. "They were all welcoming and very inviting. It felt like home."

Sharma said he loved being back in Tuscaloosa.

"There is a country vibe and it's peaceful with fresh air," said Sharma.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Cali DL Josiah Sharma visited for A-day and is very interested in Bama. He was a one time Washington commit. Offer list is impressive.

"I met with Freddie Roach, Courtney (Morgan, Alabama's general manager), Chap (Josh Chapman) and all the defensive line coaches," said Sharma. "They were all welcoming and very inviting. It felt like home."

Sharma said he loved being back in Tuscaloosa.

"There is a country vibe and it's peaceful with fresh air," said Sharma.

Need the big guys up front.

Reactions: TheRealPokeChop

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Here is an interview with 5* WR Caleb Cunningham from MS. Taking four OV's in the coming months and I really like his comments about Bama. Would be a huge get.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
Here is an interview with 5* WR Caleb Cunningham from MS. Taking four OV's in the coming months and I really like his comments about Bama. Would be a huge get.

I can't understand why awbern is considered a destination for a top notch wr... :rolleyes:

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al
Freeze is selling he put more and better WR's in the NFL than Bama while he was at Ole Sis which is insane. They had some good ones but in quality/quantity it is not close.
Really trying to sell the ONE year he coaches aj brown and dk Metcalf before getting fired. They really blew up when he left town. And his next best is Treadwell who never took off in the NFL.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
We have offered current SMU commit and #7 overall QB Keelon Russell.

I opened the quarterback list and saw Akili Smith Jr. on there and now I need to take my Metamucil and a nap 😂😂😂

Status
Not open for further replies.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.

Latest threads