2020 Prospect: 5* G Josh Primo

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Josh is announcing tomorrow and it is down to us and Creighton. Having his Team Canada teammate Ambrose-Hylton already signed helps us IMO. Fingers crossed tomorrow.

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
Primo is coming. You can almost book it.
Good call, Mike. On point per usual.

I haven’t watched any of Primo’s game film. Skill wise, how would you say he compares to Petty? Size and and style wise (from my very minimal research I've looked at) they sound nearly identical.

I’m just hoping Primo comes in with more of the alpha mentality that Petty took a couple of years to develop, and better skills with the ball in his hands.

Reactions: BamaMike05

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Plano, TX

I haven’t watched any of Primo’s game film. Skill wise, how would you say he compares to Petty? Size and and style wise (from my very minimal research I've looked at) they sound nearly identical.

I’m just hoping Primo comes in with more of the alpha mentality that Petty took a couple of years to develop, and better skills with the ball in his hands.
I look forward to Mike's answer but in the brief video I watched I'd say Primo is a more athletic version of John Petty, especially in terms of how he moves and glides in traffic. My guess is he has a higher ceiling for improvement and development than Petty. Again, JMO.

BamaMike05

All-SEC
Jul 4, 2009
Madison, Alabama, United States

Thanks. So, Primo looks a little more polished at this point than Petty does now. Primo can handle the ball better than JP. JP is too high with his dribble, which makes it hard for him to turn the corner, to get to the rim. Primo is very good at getting to the rim. He can also elevate, and throw it
Primo is also a much better shooter off of the bounce. He is very explosive, and can stop on a dime, and pull up for 3. He is also an inch taller than JP; and has a longer wingspan.

Primo is a potential lottery pick in the 2021. He is already listed as a first round pick, in the 2021 mock drafts, but a great year and he will be a lottery pick.

He is going to be a matchup nightmare for teams. He’s a 6’6 guard that can dribble, pass, and shoot. That’s NBA skill.

Pair him with JQ and Shack; And WOW!

BAMAVILLE

All-American
Jan 9, 2014
I look forward to Mike's answer but in the brief video I watched I'd say Primo is a more athletic version of John Petty, especially in terms of how he moves and glides in traffic. My guess is he has a higher ceiling for improvement and development than Petty. Again, JMO.
I agree with this, he looks like he has better control, especially ball control. Check out some of his highlights:

Latest threads

TideFansStore.com - Get your gear!

Purchases made through our TideFansStore.com link may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.