BREAKING Auburn-Mississippi State postponed

Status
Not open for further replies.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
To clarify - Covid has not been spread from team to team in games because testing has kept infected players off the field - so far. But all it takes is a false negative test to change that.
It all works together. Yes of course it helps to get guys off the field if they test positive. Yet the nature of the incubation period means there is almost no doubt players have played while being contagious.

Regardless, stay in your "bubble" and you've got a very good chance, I'd say 99%, of playing your games and seasons. Venture out of that, and you put it all at risk.

Reactions: B1GTide

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
It would have been nice if the SEC would have started 1 week earlier like ACC did to allow another bye week. Hindsight I know. At least it is not like the Big10 or Pac12 with no bye weeks.
I always believed that was a mistake. But so many entities had to get on the same page and that took time. Time that should have been spent during the summer.

Reactions: B1GTide

lowend

All-SEC
Feb 20, 2005
You don't get Covid from playing the games. I think we can safely say that now. It is at least extremely rare. But when people venture out of their "bubble" and get careless, that's when it happens and it derails everything you've spent all this time working to protect.
The high school I teach at had double digit positives and almost 100 quarantined at one point this semester. None of the positives came from exposure at school. It's people that either let their guard down at home or just don't care to start with.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
The high school I teach at had double digit positives and almost 100 quarantined at one point this semester. None of the positives came from exposure at school. It's people that either let their guard down at home or just don't care to start with.
It's so easy to let your guard down and our society is not build at all in such a way to make it easy. I have not been able to totally lock down completely. I was going insane. But I have still tried to be very measured in the risks I do take.

I'm not trying to be so hard on these guys. I get why Coach Saban and other coaches allowed them to go home over the break. But, as they say, it is what it is.

Reactions: lowend and B1GTide

lowend

All-SEC
Feb 20, 2005
I don't even remember making the post of mine that got quoted, but dang it I was right!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.