Auto lovers - what's your ride? (post pics) Part II

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
James Woods (X):

We went to the Petersen Automotive Museum today to see the Porsche exhibit, and the museum in general. It's such a beautiful venue if you love cars and motorcycles. While there, I came across Steve McQueen's gorgeous Turbo. I knew that car very well, since my dear friend Dean Paul Martin bought it after McQueen owned it. It's a legendary car among Porsche enthusiasts. I rode in that car more times than I can count, and even drove it a few times myself. It made me happy and, yes, a little sad to see it today. Lots of fond memories with Dean. He was the most wonderful guy.

JamesWoods.jpg

Reactions: Toddrn

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
OK here she is guys.......she's in amazing condition - a 5 speed and wicked fast!

I'll open her up a bit more after I get her registered tomorrow. What a nice transaction though - super cool seller and his chick.

Who else here owns one of these Boxsters? :)

View attachment 41690

View attachment 41691
That's a sweet ride Bazza congrats.

I went down a rabbit hole a few weeks back reading through the Motorcycle thread because I'd somehow never seen it before.

Your 80's Motorcycle collection is INSANELY awesome.

I'm an 80's/90's kid and some of my friends and their brothers had bikes like yours so the whole thread was like a trip down memory lane.

But yeah that's an awesome Porsche.

• Thank You
Reactions: Bazza

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
That's a sweet ride Bazza congrats.

I went down a rabbit hole a few weeks back reading through the Motorcycle thread because I'd somehow never seen it before.

Your 80's Motorcycle collection is INSANELY awesome.

I'm an 80's/90's kid and some of my friends and their brothers had bikes like yours so the whole thread was like a trip down memory lane.

But yeah that's an awesome Porsche.
Thanks very much @tusks_n_raider - really nice of you to say!

These older machines are so iconic, as you know, I'm grateful to be able to enjoy a few of them.

All the best, my friend! ;)

Reactions: tusks_n_raider

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
You know I was just telling my son the other day how we used to only see Porsche cars when I was younger. Now we see so many of the utility Porches.
The Porsche company went through a slump in the 90's....but their Boxster development and sales are credited with putting them back on track. Then when they put the Cayenne out things really took off. They haven't looked back since.......

Reactions: Con and Toddrn

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Volkswagens await onward transit to the dealer network at Volkswagen's import and distribution centre at the port of Ramsgate in Kent, southeast England, in 1965.

Tap it.....

New Volkswagens await onward transit to the dealer network at Volkswagen's import and distribu...jpg

Reactions: Toddrn

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.

Latest threads