Bama Game Thread: Bama v. Bama, 4/16/22, SEC+, ESPN+...

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
The difference between now and glaring problems we see at A-Day in the past is that the portal is helping fix those problems. Offensive line look shaky? SEC starter incoming. WRs need a little help? How about a speedster from the ACC who had more receiving yards last year than anyone Alabama currently has...

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
OK, I`ll bite. Pretty sure that JAG does not stand for Judge Advocate General in this context. So.......??
Just another guy. Basically just an average player/easily replaceable.

I think we'll be fine at WR, as has been said the kid from Louisville is coming just not ready to announce, so that gives us some experience with Burton, Harrell ( when he comes) and Brook's so it gives Law and Anderson time to learn
We'll probably be fine. I've just enjoyed the 1st rounders we've had recently and as of right now I'm not sure we have a guy ready to start who will be that level of player.

That said, plenty could change and again it was hard to evaluate our WRs on A day

Reactions: tideindc

bamadwain

All-American
Oct 8, 2018
Jackson Tn
Just another guy. Basically just an average player/easily replaceable.

We'll probably be fine. I've just enjoyed the 1st rounders we've had recently and as of right now I'm not sure we have a guy ready to start who will be that level of player.

That said, plenty could change and again it was hard to evaluate our WRs on A day
Very true

Blindside17

Suspended
Aug 13, 2019
Phenix City, AL
Finally got to watch the game last night just a few observations.
Defense is going to be really good this season
Milroe has improved, I could see some wildcat stuff with him this fall. Simpson is going to be really good
Leary looks like he is setting himself up for a big year along with Burton
Gibbs is a stud, Sanders is starting to look like that star out of high school we signed, and Miller is going to be a good one
The O line has work to do as many have pointed out. I am confident that the staff will find the right mix before we play this fall, Steen will help.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Milroe has improved, I could see some wildcat stuff with him this fall. Simpson is going to be really good
This has me thinking. If we sign Arch or another talented QB in the next recruiting class we will have Milroe, Simpson and Arch all competing to replace Bryce.

I don't think we have ever had that talented of a QB competition under Saban when replacing a starter. There was Tua, Jalen and Mac but that feels like a different situation.

Reactions: Con

Ledsteplin

Hall of Fame
Nov 20, 2013
Florence, Alabama
This has me thinking. If we sign Arch or another talented QB in the next recruiting class we will have Milroe, Simpson and Arch all competing to replace Bryce.

I don't think we have ever had that talented of a QB competition under Saban when replacing a starter. There was Tua, Jalen and Mac but that feels like a different situation.
I'm really glad Mac stuck around, and didn't transfer. It's really paid off for him.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
I'm really glad Mac stuck around, and didn't transfer. It's really paid off for him.
Mac, Ronnie Clark and Blake Sims will always be right near the top on my list as all time favorite players at Bama. They had ever reason to “seek opportunities” elsewhere but they stayed the course. Ronnie and Blake basically said “put me where you need me. I want to contribute to this team any way possible”.

Simply put-selflessness. Not something you find very often these day.

JayBama_in_PCOLA

All-American
Oct 2, 2020
Andalusia (living in Pace/Pensacola, Fl)
Mac, Ronnie Clark and Blake Sims will always be right near the top on my list as all time favorite players at Bama. They had ever reason to “seek opportunities” elsewhere but they stayed the course. Ronnie and Blake basically said “put me where you need me. I want to contribute to this team any way possible”.

Simply put-selflessness. Not something you find very often these day.
Amen! I definitely wanted Blake to win it all just because of that.

Reactions: CrimsonRuss

J0eW

1st Team
Jul 18, 2020
You are correct sir, but oddly, on our team these are 2 of our most talented groups. Both groups are finding their way, patience is needed here. Too much talent here not to be successful, i have faith.
I watched the game last night as SEC network 's scheduling finally matched up with their broadcast schedule. I understand that live games and championships should be given difference over canned events but they could have done a better job of determining where i the lineup our game would fit.

As for the game, we had talent on the field, but come fall, will we have the right talent in the right places? It looked like we avoided the injury bug. But can that continue in preseason practises and on thru the season? Only time will tell.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I'm worried about our WRs but it was hard to fairly evaluate them on A-day. I do worry we have mostly JAGs starting at WR but we will see over time.

That said I think Leary, Anderson and Law all showed something that could get you excited about, obviously as they were on the 2nd team they had more opportunities since the QBs had more time on average. Leary probably should get some 1st team reps.
Leary would be starting if the season started.
If I had to guess:
Burton
Brooks or Harrell ( Both will battle it out, but will see playing time, no matter who wins)
Leary (Earle and Leary will battle it out for slot spot in fall camp. Earle has issue with dropping balls lately)

Anderson, Earle and Law should see significant playing time. I wouldn't worry about them just yet. If we're dropping passes against Texas, then we got a problem.

Reactions: RollTide_HTTR

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I watched the game last night as SEC network 's scheduling finally matched up with their broadcast schedule. I understand that live games and championships should be given difference over canned events but they could have done a better job of determining where i the lineup our game would fit.

As for the game, we had talent on the field, but come fall, will we have the right talent in the right places? It looked like we avoided the injury bug. But can that continue in preseason practises and on thru the season? Only time will tell.
Talking about Injuries will jinx the team.

• Haha
Reactions: seebell

BamaMark.

1st Team
Jun 21, 2012
Leary would be starting if the season started.
If I had to guess:
Burton
Brooks or Harrell ( Both will battle it out, but will see playing time, no matter who wins)
Leary (Earle and Leary will battle it out for slot spot in fall camp. Earle has issue with dropping balls lately)

Anderson, Earle and Law should see significant playing time. I wouldn't worry about them just yet. If we're dropping passes against Texas, then we got a problem.
No mention of Holden, you expect him to transfer? I thought he looked good when given the opportunity.

Reactions: TiderJack

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
No mention of Holden, you expect him to transfer? I thought he looked good when given the opportunity.
Holden will be part of the rotation. I think other than Burton with the spring he has had and the comments CNS has made is the only one assured a starting spot. We still don't know what the roster is going to look like this summer. We could get Harrell in the portal and we have 3 freshmen coming in that all can fly so we are going to have some very good depth. Probably a waste of time right now trying to figure out a depth chart with so many unanswered questions.

Patton

1st Team
Nov 10, 2021
Holden will be part of the rotation. I think other than Burton with the spring he has had and the comments CNS has made is the only one assured a starting spot. We still don't know what the roster is going to look like this summer. We could get Harrell in the portal and we have 3 freshmen coming in that all can fly so we are going to have some very good depth. Probably a waste of time right now trying to figure out a depth chart with so many unanswered questions.
I would be very surprised if The Tide Coaches consider Holden a guy they can win with as part of a rotation.Harrell is coming. The 3 youngsters this summer have a LOT of catching up to do. One of TJBell,or Holden,will be in the Portal soon. Probably not both.Possibly even Earle.It is obvious they are wanting and needing another TE,or another OLineman.It will be interesting.

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
I would be very surprised if The Tide Coaches consider Holden a guy they can win with as part of a rotation.Harrell is coming. The 3 youngsters this summer have a LOT of catching up to do. One of TJBell,or Holden,will be in the Portal soon. Probably not both.Possibly even Earle.It is obvious they are wanting and needing another TE,or another OLineman.It will be interesting.
I'm not sure where this line of thinking is coming from. He had more yards and more catches in 2021 than any other returning player other than Latu and was the guy who was called on the most once we started having WR injuries. Now he could certainly passed by someone who outcompetes him, but certainly the coaches put some trust in him last season.

Reactions: RollTide_HTTR

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.